Sold option for RealEstateManager

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x. Please consider the availability of third-party templates and extensions when deciding which Joomla version to use.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
MLH-159
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Sold option for RealEstateManager

Postby MLH-159 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:12 pm

Hi all, I am currently using Joomla version 3.8.2 and the RealEstateManager component. I did see that there is the option to publish/unpublish a house for instance. But I don't want to remove the photo on the front-end, I would like to have an option that says "sold" on the front-end (maybe next to the naming of the house) when I change it on the back-end. Would be much appreciated if someone can help. :)
Thanks

gws
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Sold option for RealEstateManager

Postby gws » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:29 pm

Probably better if you ask the developer of the component as it is not a joomla issue.

AMurray
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Sold option for RealEstateManager

Postby AMurray » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:39 pm

I should think it's a matter of uploading a different version of the same image but with the word "sold" diagonally across it; or whatever way you want to indicate the sold property. Update the property description and add the word "SOLD" (in caps, and red color, larger font). Image example, such as this one or this one

In any case, given you're using a Real Estate Component I'd have thought it would have that sort of feature built in, where you can specify the "Sold" image initially (when creating the property listing) and set it as "for sale", then when the property is sold, just update it to "sold" and the record would then display the "sold" status on the front-end of the site.

If such a function doesn't exist, refer back to the developer - they might be able to do some modification for you.
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”