Article publish time problem

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x. Please consider the availability of third-party templates and extensions when deciding which Joomla version to use.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
WBBB
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Article publish time problem

Postby WBBB » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:02 pm

Hi all

I started experiencing an annoying problem in my Joomla 3.8.3. The problem has been there for the last 2-3 releases.

If I in the administrator backend edit an already published article and press save & close, Joomla automatically changes the publish date and time to the current time. So If I edit an old article from 10 days ago and press save, it suddenly changes the publish time to right now.

Then I have to enter the article again and change the publish time back to the original time.

Anyone know about this problem?

sozzled
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Article publish time problem

Postby sozzled » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:25 pm

WBBB wrote:If I in the administrator backend edit an already published article and press save & close, Joomla automatically changes the publish date and time to the current time. So If I edit an old article from 10 days ago and press save, it suddenly changes the publish time to right now.
I tried this out on 4 different websites. This does not happen with me.

I do not know why it happens in your case. If this problem has been happening for the past two or three releases, one wonders (a) what you were updating from in the beginning, (b) how did you go about performing the update, and (c) did you encounter any errors during these updates?

The best way to start to clear the fog is to see your Forum Post Assistant report. If we don't hear back from you with this information then I think we can assume that the problem is (a) manageable and (b) this is a problem that affects only you.

I haven't seen any reports about this issue, no, sorry.
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
Former member of Kunena project team
If you think I’m wrong then say “I think you're wrong.” If you say “You’re wrong!”, how do you know?

WBBB
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Postby WBBB » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:50 pm

Thanks for your answer, sozzled

According to the FPA-post, it doesn't support version 3.8.3.

sozzled
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Postby sozzled » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:08 pm

WBBB wrote:According to the FPA-post, it doesn't support version 3.8.3.
Ignore that: the information hasn't been updated. If you look around the forum you will see countless examples where people have happily used the FPA tool with J! 3.8.3.

Back to you. 8)
If you think I’m wrong then say “I think you're wrong.” If you say “You’re wrong!”, how do you know?

WBBB
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Postby WBBB » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:15 am

Last edited by WBBB on Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

sozzled
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Postby sozzled » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:22 am

WBBB wrote:Here is the FPA-output: [FPA report as an image instead of as BBcode]
I can't read that; no-one else can read that as well. When you learn how to copy and paste the BBcode generated by the FPA report tool then, perhaps, someone may be able to help you. In the meantime, I wish you good luck in solving your problem.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”