Error displaying the error page...

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x. Please consider the availability of third-party templates and extensions when deciding which Joomla version to use.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
SquatchRanch
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Error displaying the error page...

Post by SquatchRanch » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:11 am

I had Joomla setup last year in March and then due to unforeseen circumstances I did very little customizing to the site. A year has passed and I want to pick up on it again. I went to the web site and it was running just fine. I went to the admin login and couldn't recall the password. I went into the config.php file to get the crudentials. I attempted to log in w/o success. I did NOT save any changes to the files. Now, when I attempt to view the site, I get an error "Error displaying the error page".

Any thoughts on how to recover?

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Error displaying the error page...

Post by imanickam » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:38 am

SquatchRanch wrote:I went into the config.php file to get the crudentials.
You cannot get the login credentials to log into the site's administrator back-end from the file configuration.php.

Review of the document https://docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_reco ... assword%3F would be of help.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Global Moderators Team | Translations Coordination Team | Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team

Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by AMurray » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:41 am

The administrator login information is not located in configuration.php - the information you see there is for your database, not the administrator end of your site - two separate sets of details.

@imanickam beat me to the password reset link but to ask a further question, you said you didn't customise the site, but did you do any routine site maintenance such as backups and Joomla core / extension updates?
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

SquatchRanch
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by SquatchRanch » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:51 pm

I can't even get a CPanel screen to log in as administrator. I can't get past the Error screen. Even if I had the credentials at this point, I couldn't log in... Trying to figure out how to correct the home page/index.php

www.squatchranch.com

I hope this makes some sense,
Thanks

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”