How to embed a Web GL module (index.html) into a Joomla website

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x. Please consider the availability of third-party templates and extensions when deciding which Joomla version to use.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Yannick Vrolant
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

How to embed a Web GL module (index.html) into a Joomla website

Post by Yannick Vrolant » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:06 pm

Hi,

I have been trying to embed a Web GL module into my Joomla website with no success : I would like to make the 3D animation visible in an article, any tip on how to make that possible ?

Thanks for helping,
Best,

Yannick

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: How to embed a Web GL module (index.html) into a Joomla website

Post by AMurray » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:29 pm

I assume you would copy and paste the associated code (JavaScript, HTML etc) into the code-view of your Joomla editor for that article. There may be some issues with the editor removing code it thinks is risky (iframes, script tags etc) but you can set the filtering to allow such HTML code.

There are also plugins such as Sourcerer (Regular Labs) that helps retain such code. https://extensions.joomla.org/extension ... sourcerer/.

I can't actually find much reference to Joomla and Web GL at all on a quick Google search; I found one reference on this forum (from 2014) and no responses to the question.
viewtopic.php?t=859803.

If it is standard javascript and HTML code it should be possible to put that into a Joomla site. I don't know what your reference to "index.html" is (if that contains your 3-D rendering or something, you probably just need to copy and paste the code within that file, into your Joomla article; Joomla doesn't use index.html for content).
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”