Error 500

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x. Please consider the availability of third-party templates and extensions when deciding which Joomla version to use.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
garly01
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Error 500

Post by garly01 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:30 pm

Hi.
Ive uploaded a new joomla site. The site is working perfectly except for the fact that the 404 error page is not working. Instead of getting a 404 error I get a HTTP ERROR 500 error This page isn’t working it is currently unable to handle this request.

Its a bit of a nightmare as I can't 301 redirect the old website pages. The problem also is the hosting company are really unhelpful they keep sending me a automated response telling me its a scripting error and not their problem. So I emailed the template provider and they emailed me back saying the issue is 100% with the hosting company.

The new site is hosted with register 365. So I uploaded the site to a different hosting company to see if i had the same issue. And I have the same issue with another hosting company too. So on two different hosting companies the 404 error is not working I get the same HTTP error 500.

I've uploaded many a joomla site and never came across this issue and the fact the same problem is on two different hosting companies I'm now leaning towards a problem with the template.

On localhost when I try to open the 404 error page I get the following:

Warning: require_once(C:\xampp\server\htdocs\befit\libraries/joomla/document/html/renderer/head.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\server\htdocs\befit\templates\itl_befit\error.php on line 42

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'C:\xampp\server\htdocs\befit\libraries/joomla/document/html/renderer/head.php' (include_path='C:\xampp\server\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp\server\htdocs\befit\templates\itl_befit\error.php on line 42

So i'm left with a hosting company telling me its 100% not their fault that its a scripting error with the template and the template provider is telling me the error is 100% a hosting error or hosting configuration error caused by a mis-configuration or more then likely an intentional hosting error.

Would anyone know how I could resolve the 500 error. Does anyone know any possible errors or scripts with a template that could cause it. Or is it more than likely a hosting issue as the template provider suggested.

Thanks

Shane

N:B Link to site http://www.martialartsinc.com

annahersh
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Error 500

Post by annahersh » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:17 pm

The file head.php was last seen in J2.5x.

Rename the error.php file in your template and test. Joomla will default to the file in the system folder. If that works, copy that file to your template and style it as before.

SharkyKZ
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by SharkyKZ » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:44 pm

The template is not compatible with Joomla 3.8. The file in question was moved from /libraries/joomla/document/html/renderer/head.php to /libraries/src/Document/Renderer/Html/HeadRenderer.php. You can try updating the path in error.php. Some other changes might be needed.

garly01
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by garly01 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:17 pm

Ok that's great thank you for the help. I will get back in touch with the template providers. At least I am now on the right path. Thank you

garly01
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by garly01 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:15 pm

Hi

So this my current path

require_once(JPATH_LIBRARIES.'/joomla/document/html/renderer/head.php');

I tried setting it to the following but I'm still getting the 500 error. Did I make a mistake with the edit for the correct path? Thanks.

require_once(JPATH_LIBRARIES.'/libraries/src/Document/Renderer/Html/HeadRenderer.php');

SharkyKZ
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by SharkyKZ » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:33 am

Remove /libraries.

garly01
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by garly01 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:07 am

Working perfect now. Thanks for the help