How to add a user menu to the main menu?

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
spinfx52
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

How to add a user menu to the main menu?

Post by spinfx52 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:45 am

Hi

I have a category in the main menu called "Members". This has 2 functions: to provide information to prospective members and to provide restricted information to current members.

I have set up a number of menu items to appear only when members log-in. However, I would like to display a members only user menu from a restricted link in the Members drop down, which contains all the usual stuff in the users menu plus some additional items. This is to help keep ALL the restricted items in one place, thereby making it easier for current members to navigate to such links as Membership Pro's Member Profile module etc.

It needs to look something like this (the restricted items for members only are marked *):

MEMBERS | SHOP | COMMITTEE | etc >>
- Join Now
- Member Benefits
- Members' User Menu*
- Update Your Membership Profile*
- Group Membership Administrators*
- Your Advance Ticket Bookings*
- Minutes of Meetings*
- Application Form to serve on the Committee*
- Log out

Using this approach (if it's possible) will make it quicker to add Member Only links and keep profile management of other functions such as the shop, which is for both members and non-members, completely separate.

Can you please advise if this is possible. I have searched through the forum and elsewhere but cannot find this particular item.

Regards, David :)

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: How to add a user menu to the main menu?

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:16 am

https://docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Creating_a_submenu

Set the restricted menu items to access level "Registered".

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”