Browser Page Title not showing

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x.
Karine444
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Browser Page Title not showing

Post by Karine444 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:48 pm

HI !

I have entered the title that I want (a few words and SEO friendly) in the Browser Page title located in the menu item (which is a hidden menu) and in the Article's Options tab, which I read was what was supposed to do.

IT DOES NOT WORK. In the browser title, it only shows the menu item's name, which is really short and lack of seo.

I have created many websites with Joomla in the past 10 years, but this is the first one in the last 5 years and under the new version 3.

Is there something I am not doing right ? Even google will only use my short menu title ! What gives ?

Thanks !
Last edited by toivo on Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: moved from 3.x SEO

AMurray
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Browser Page Title not showing

Post by AMurray » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:29 pm

Are you referring to the browser *tab* title? The whole line may not fit.....?

Please provide a page link to demonstrate the issue, and where possible, screenshots of what screens you set this up in. (use the "Full Editor and Preview" mode in this forum to enable attachments to be added).
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Help you I can, yes!. Post your question, you should. Keep it on topic you must!
Use the Forc....Forum Post Assistant my young Padawan!

annahersh
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by annahersh » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:31 pm

Karine444 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:48 pm
In the browser title, it only shows the menu item's name.
That's long been the method in all versions of Joomla. Once there is a menu item assigned to any page type, the menu title takes priority on the browser title.

You will need to edit the Browser Page Title field in the menu item's Page Display
menu-browser-title.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Karine444
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Karine444 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:25 pm

Sorry for the delay ! So, the problem that I explained was actually more of a template issue, maybe because I elimated the 'Title' section in the layout page, because I did not have that problem with the other templates from the same company. But now I have another problem.
With Joomshaper and RochetTheme templates, when I enter the title in the Browser Page Titile in the menu, well, that title will appear above the article's title, so I have two titles ! WTF ?? I really don't understand this new thing. So I will do another post, to make sure I have more people reading and hopefully can find me a solution ! Thanks !

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”