Logged in/logged out view of page

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
sdp-webmaster
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Logged in/logged out view of page

Post by sdp-webmaster » Tue May 24, 2022 10:24 pm

How can I allow somebody who is logged in to view a page one way and a logged out user to view the same page in a different way?

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Logged in/logged out view of page

Post by AMurray » Tue May 24, 2022 10:38 pm

In what way do you mean "different".

Basically you can control what a user sees by using the Access Control Levels. That's simple to do, you just set your content to "Public", "Guest", "Registered" (whatever you want it to be).

For example, place modules viewable to Guest only (users not logged on) users, you'd set them to the "Guest" access (under the module options). Logged on users won't see Guest content. Registered Users will only see modules set to "Registered" (or any logged-on user level or group). "Public" access means both logged or not logged on users can see them.

Also you're not restricted to putting modules in set module positions, you can put them within the body of articles with loadposition or loadmodule functions of joomla. The restricted access should work the same as described above.
https://docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_put_ ... article%3F

For showing content within pages (other than using modules) you might wish to investigate this extension:
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension ... l-content/

Beyond this I'm not sure what other ways you want the page to be different between logged on, or not users. Do you mean page design (different template) or other things?

I hope that puts you on the track to achieving what you're after.
Regards - A Murray

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”