Frontend login failure

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
valw
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Frontend login failure

Post by valw » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:13 pm

I can login from the backend - no problem. (I don't know how to log out a user from the backend.)
Frontend presents the login form, I can complete it, but when I select login, the page is just reloaded.

I have the login menu item on the home menu, using the protostar template. The menu item is from the pull-down menu from the user menu type.

One user is logged in, and can't log-out. Selecting logout just reloads the page and keeps the user logged in. I created a logout menu item, using the protostar template. Interesting thing, this newly created logout menu can not be seen on the home page. But it can be seen on other pages navigated to from the home page. When I select the logout menu item, I get redirected the way I should, but I'm not logged out.

Thank you for any consideration.

sozzled
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Frontend login failure

Post by sozzled » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:23 pm

valw wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:13 pm
I don't know how to log out a user from the backend.
I can answer that question. See viewtopic.php?t=946527#p3459152 or viewtopic.php?t=991229#p3649913 :)
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?”
Walking the talk: https://j4xdemo.enduring.com.au
:)

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”