Something wrong with mysite.com/administrator ;- Admin side of my site!!!

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
wacl3
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Something wrong with mysite.com/administrator ;- Admin side of my site!!!

Post by wacl3 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:42 am

Hi,
I do a lot of front end editing of my joomla site so I havent gone into the mysite.com/administrator site for over a year!
The front end is working fine, I can login to the backend but I get the attached image - error msg and half the back end not functioning.

because I havent changed anything and it worked fine the last time I was in it, is it possible that my host has changed/updated some version of software or settings etc rendering the problem?

I cant remember which version of joomla the site is (and I cant access all the menu items to find out, (some menu items still work!)), but the screen shot may give an insight.
Thanks
Urgent pls,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wacl3
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Something wrong with mysite.com/administrator ;- Admin side of my site!!!

Post by wacl3 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:04 am

The following was in the error log...

We can review the error_log found inside your install folder the following :

[01-Dec-2022 05:56:07 UTC] PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/adsscom/pv2.1/administrator/components/com_jdownloads/tables/download.php on line 98
[01-Dec-2022 05:56:07 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: name in /home/adsscom/pv2.1/administrator/components/com_jdownloads/tables/download.php on line 99
[01-Dec-2022 05:56:07 UTC] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/adsscom/pv2.1/administrator/components/com_jdownloads/tables/download.php on line 99
[01-Dec-2022 05:56:07 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: url_home in /home/adsscom/pv2.1/administrator/components/com_jdownloads/tables/download.php on line 306
[01-Dec-2022 05:56:07 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: url_author in /home/adsscom/pv2.1/administrator/components/com_jdownloads/tables/download.php on line 307
[01-Dec-2022 05:56:07 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: mirror_1 in /home/adsscom/pv2.1/administrator/components/com_jdownloads/tables/download.php on line 310
[01-Dec-2022 05:56:07 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: mirror_2 in /home/adsscom/pv2.1/administrator/components/com_jdownloads/tables/download.php on line 311
[01-Dec-2022 05:56:07 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: extern_site_mirror_1 in /home/adsscom/pv2.1/administrator/components/com_jdownloads/tables/download.php on line 313
[01-Dec-2022 05:56:07 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: extern_site_mirror_2 in /home/adsscom/pv2.1/administrator/components/com_jdownloads/tables/download.php on line 314
[01-Dec-2022 05:56:07 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: size in /home/adsscom/pv2.1/administrator/components/com_jdownloads/tables/download.php on line 394
[01-Dec-2022 05:56:07 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: name in /home/adsscom/pv2.1/administrator/components/com_jdownloads/tables/download.php on line 947
[01-Dec-2022 05:56:07 UTC] PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/adsscom/pv2.1/administrator/components/com_jdownloads/tables/download.php on line 947

Several references to "/administrator/components/com_jdownloads/" this may be a plugin or something else causing this issue.

Pavel-ww
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by Pavel-ww » Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:17 am

Hi. It should be obvious that you need to turn off the JDownloads component and check. If you cannot do this through the admin panel, do it through the database (phpMyAdmin in your hosting panel).

And the problem that has arisen clearly proves the fact that you need to monitor the system updates and regularly do them. A year is a long time for your site to collapse due to failure to fulfill updates. Go to the admin panel at least once a month, create backups before and then update everything that requires updates.

JDownloads long ago notified users that it is necessary to update their component through reinstallation. Apparently you missed this.

If you do not use JDownloads, delete it completely. Always delete completely that you do not use.

wacl3
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by wacl3 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:49 am

Hi,
Everything is working fine in the Admin site I have diagnosed except for the display of the Control Panel page!.
Does anybody know how to fix it and why it would stop working over time with nothing accessed in this time?
thanks
(jDownloads is working fine).

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:38 am

wacl3 wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:49 am
Does anybody know how to fix it and why it would stop working over time with nothing accessed in this time?
Maybe your host updated PHP to a later version, which generates those warnings and notices.

It may be possible to use the jDownloads extension without those messages in the log file if you change Error Reporting in the Global Configuration to 'Simple' or 'None', which is the recommended setting for live sites.

wacl3 wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:04 am
The following was in the error log...
The line numbers of the PHP warnings indicate that the website is not using the latest version of jDownloads for Joomla 3, version 3.9.8.6, updated two weeks ago. Suggest that the extension is updated to the latest version.

As @Pavel-ww suggested, it is important to keep the extensions and Joomla itself uptodate. BTW, the developers of jDownloads are now working on Joomla 4 and they made already a beta version available.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”