Google Fav Icon displays joomla fav default Topic is solved

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
L00ncan
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Google Fav Icon displays joomla fav default

Post by L00ncan » Mon May 29, 2023 7:58 pm

Even though i've had my fav.ico for years Google remains using my joomla fav icon, i've also had FavIcon component installed for years still makes no difference Google will always display the joomla fav icon on my Google search results
Last edited by toivo on Mon May 29, 2023 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: typo in subject

xfsgpr
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Google Fav Icon displays joomla fav default

Post by xfsgpr » Tue May 30, 2023 7:28 pm

Have you checked which icon is at the root of the template in question? If Joomla icon is still there then delete it and upload your own icon and make sure the name is the same as the one you just deleted.

Google bot will replace the icon when it next visits your site. Google can be sometimes very slow to update the links when the site in question rarely changes. They have started using AI and as you know Google is too smart to know everything and forgets nothing!!.

perec4stor
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Google Fav Icon displays joomla fav default

Post by perec4stor » Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:20 am

L00ncan wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 7:58 pm
Even though i've had my fav.ico for years Google remains using my joomla fav icon, i've also had FavIcon component installed for years still makes no difference Google will always display the joomla fav icon on my Google search results
To ensure that Google displays your preferred favicon, you can try the following steps:

Verify that your preferred favicon is correctly implemented in the HTML code of your website.

Use Google's Search Console to submit a request for reindexing your website. This can help Google update its search results with the latest changes, including your desired favicon.

Remember, it may take some time for Google to update its search results, so please be patient.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”