How to fix captcha on Contact form Topic is solved

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
antonios
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

How to fix captcha on Contact form

Post by antonios » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:55 pm

Hi,
my website (J3.10.11 ... I know I should upgrade asap!) contact form doesn't allow users to send messages, because there (apparently) is some issue with the captcha plugin:
http://www.permacultura-es.org/index.ph ... Itemid=124

If I disable the captcha, I can have the contact form working again.
But each time I set a captcha plugin (I have "Captcha - HashCash", "hcaptcha", "reCaptcha", "Invisible reCaptcha")
The same error message appears: "Blanc solution/field not allowed" "Invalid field, Captcha"

What may be the issue?

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: How to fix captcha on Contact form

Post by AMurray » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:12 am

I don't see any captcha on your contact form at all Which one have you actually activated on that page? Is it Hashcash then that works invisibly, there is no user challenge, and same idea with Invisible Recaptcha.

I'd read up on the documentation for those captchas since the problem seems to be with them, not with Joomla itself. For instance, using Google Recaptcha, are you using the correct site and private keys for the version you're using (v2, v3/Invisible Recaptcha all use different keys you have to generate from your Google account). Hcaptch works similarly, you need a site and private key for that one. I don't know about Hashcash, as far as I know, you install it, activate, it, then choose it as the default captcha in global configuration.
Regards - A Murray

antonios
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by antonios » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:00 pm

Hi, I deactivated the captchas now. As for Google recaptcha, yes I did use the site and private keys.
I'll check their documentation
Thank you

webm3442
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by webm3442 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:52 pm

Same here. We have/had invisible recaptcha enabled for contact and registration. There still was a registration on November 30, so it worked at that date. Suddenly it stopped working for contact and registration with same message as stated above.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”