Text color in active menu item

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
innod
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Text color in active menu item

Post by innod » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:43 pm

Hi guys,

I'm fairly green at this so bear with me, running 3.3.6, and have just managed to install some code which allows me to have an additional menu layer. Prior to the install everything was OK, but following the install the text color in the selected menu item remains black when the mouse no longer hovers (should be white). Rather difficult to read.

I have had a look at the forum, but am unable to locate anything that appears relevant. Check the site keysboroughbowls.com.au and select the calendar tab, and hopefully you'll see what I mean. P.S. The site is a work in progress.

Regards,

Inno

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Text color in active menu item

Post by sozzled » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:24 pm

G'day,

The problem is caused by the CSS directive around line 9431 of ../templates/protostar/css/template.css

One solution is to change the colour value or add this to your CSS:

Code: Select all

.dropdown-menu > .active > a, .dropdown-menu > .active > a:hover, .dropdown-menu > .active > a:focus {
    color: #fff;
}
FYI J! 3.3.6 is vulnerable to attack and I recommend you update to J! 3.5.1 at the earliest opportunity; further, J! 3.5.1 provides some improvements to w.r.t. customising the protostar template. 8)
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

innod
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by innod » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:43 am

Thank you

I made the change as suggested but it didn't work. I then pasted your entire code at the very end of the CSS and it works fine ?!? (Don't ask me why I did that....)

I have been trying to forward the code of the change (it has a number of additional lines), but I keep getting a 405 error.

I wasn't aware of the vulnerability of 3.3.6, and I share your concern; however, I am not confident enough to upgrade. A number of tweeks have been applied to the current CSS, and, as I understand it, I will lose those when I upgrade. Please correct me if I am wrong.

In any case, thank you for your quick response,

Regards,

Inno

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sozzled » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:53 am

innod wrote:I wasn't aware of the vulnerability of 3.3.6, and I share your concern; however, I am not confident enough to upgrade.
There is a vulnerbility that affects all versions of Joomla prior to J! 3.4.5 (it has been well publicised)
innod wrote:A number of tweeks have been applied to the current CSS, and, as I understand it, I will lose those when I upgrade.
As long as the changes have been made to the custom.css file, you should not lose them with an upgrade. In any event, make a backup of the amended files and merge your changes after the upgrade as you may require. The most important reminder we try to tell people is to never amend any original source code supplied as part of a template that you may be using. Always have a "custom" file where you can store any customisation so that you do not lose changes you make and to permit you to upgrade without worry. 8)
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”