Open Graph Tags 'stuck'

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
Jo-wtw
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Open Graph Tags 'stuck'

Post by Jo-wtw » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:18 pm

Hi
I'm having a nightmare with my og tags for Facebook and wonder if anyone has any advice.

Here's my page source code:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" />
<meta charset="utf-8" />
<base href="workingtheweb.co.uk/wtw-blog/item/120-working-with-roberto-and-bernice-at-j-kutzie-could-end-up-costing-me-a-fortune" /> (THIS IS THE CORRECT URL)
<meta property="og:title" content="Blogging for Business" /> (WRONG TITLE)
<meta property="og:type" content="article" />
<meta property="og:url" content="workingtheweb.co.uk/wtw-blog/item/120-working-with-roberto-and-bernice-at-j-kutzie-could-end-up-costing-me-a-fortune" /> (THIS IS THE CORRECT URL)
<meta name="og:site_name" content="workingtheweb.co.uk" />
<meta property="og:description" content="Blogging on your small business website, offers many advantages to your positioning in search engines, and your businesses profile" /> (THIS IS THE WRONG DESCRIPTION)
<meta name="title" content="Working with Roberto and Bernice at j.kutzie could end up costing me a fortune." /> (CORRECT)
<meta name="author" content="Jo Dehaney" />
<meta property="og:image" content="workingtheweb.co.uk/images/item-images/gabby.jpg" /> (WRONG IMAGE)
<meta name="image" content="workingtheweb.co.uk/media/k2/items/cache/0c758c944f0062609b2677e28107bc5e_M.jpg" />
<meta name="description" content="For a while there, I wanted to don one of his sexy, long linen, jackets, find the hottest pair of boots I could, and paint London red." /> (CORRECT)
<meta name="generator" content="Joomla! - Open Source Content Management" />
<title>Working with Roberto and Bernice at j.kutzie could end up costing me a fortune.</title> (CORRECT)
So, it seems to be that the meta property elements are wrong, while the meta name elements are correct.

With the exception of meta property="og:url" which is showing the CORRECT url

I don't have any SEO/SEF or social extensions running.

I do have the SEF option in global config selected, and I tried turning that off, but the wrong og property tags still show.

I don't even know where to being to ask the right questions to get this fixed. I would really appreciate some insights.

Many thanks

Jo

SharkyKZ
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Open Graph Tags 'stuck'

Post by SharkyKZ » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:45 pm

They are added by K2.

Jo-wtw
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Jo-wtw » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:55 pm

Thanks SharkyKZ, I don't know where to begin with it, but I'll have to tackle it.

SharkyKZ
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by SharkyKZ » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:27 pm

See /components/com_k2/views/item/view.html.php.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”