Upgrade to 3.8.0 removed component menu in backend

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
cheyert77
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Upgrade to 3.8.0 removed component menu in backend

Post by cheyert77 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:51 am

Hi,

I upgraded to Joomla 3.8.0 yesterday and I noticed that some components have disappeared in the drop down menu in the administrator backend.
I can still see K2 on the control panel as well as Jsitemap pro, but for google structured data I have to type the url..
So it appears it's the extensions that can't be found anymore in the components menu?

When I browse online this issue sometimes appeared to be a change in the menutype in the database as described here..

https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/15719

However, when I look in phpadmin, these menu item types are already set to main, so this should be fine?
The other issue I have is that I just installed a completely new component, and again I don't even see that component in the menu. And here typing the url doesn' even work.

So what is the issue here with 3.8.0? I have been upgrading from 3.7.2 to 3.7.3 etc without any issues...but this latest update has this issue. And I don't quite know how to solve this.
Cheers

cheyert77
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Upgrade to 3.8.0 removed component menu in backend

Post by cheyert77 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:55 am

OK found the problem myself..

So Joomla 3.8.0 decided to overwrite the access levels to the component menu items in the database, and set it to 5 instead of 1.

By changing the access levels back to 1 for these items in phpmyadmin, all honkey dorey again..

gama7
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Upgrade to 3.8.0 removed component menu in backend

Post by gama7 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:39 am

cheyert77 wrote:OK found the problem myself..

So Joomla 3.8.0 decided to overwrite the access levels to the component menu items in the database, and set it to 5 instead of 1.

By changing the access levels back to 1 for these items in phpmyadmin, all honkey dorey again..

Thank you Very Much, your solution worked for me too perfectly .

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”