Problem with images in category blog.

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
Thodorompalos
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Problem with images in category blog.

Post by Thodorompalos » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:28 pm

Hello everyone. I have created a site with pages showing articles in two views. A list view and a thumbnail view. The thumbnail view is a category blog. Each article has an image uploaded through the "Images and links" tab and styled using CSS but in the category blog the images are not displayed, only the text. Does anyone have an idea how to solve this? My version is 3.81.

andy fev
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Problem with images in category blog.

Post by andy fev » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:05 pm

Maybe your template has an option to disable article images in category view. Check the template options.

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:11 pm

It's the Intro Image that will show in the Blog.
Try to view the site with the Protostar template

Thodorompalos
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Thodorompalos » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:58 pm

I think you are both right. Anyway the template doesn't have that many options and Per Yngve Berg it is indeed the intro image that shows in the blog. I fixed that but then it showed me two images. The first one was the normal and the second the intro. I disabled the intro image using CSS and now it shows one. But one problem remains. While in the list view the image is centered as I styled it with CSS, in the thumbnail view it appears left. Anyway, I will work a bit more on this and tell you if I find a solution. Thank you.

Thodorompalos
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Thodorompalos » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:57 pm

OK, I found what was wrong with the image. In the rest of the pages in the category blog I put 3 columns for the images but I did that for the article with one image only too. So I changed that to 1 column and now it is centered. Rookie mistake. Anyway, now all work fine. Thanks again for your help.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”