Problems with Sending Google Email - since Joomla! 3.8.1

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
atgcmpsrv01
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Problems with Sending Google Email - since Joomla! 3.8.1

Post by atgcmpsrv01 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:42 pm

I had discovering issues with Google Email with numerous problems, I went google and do research and none of help out issues due Google Gmail had some changes going on with SMTP (Port 465 with SSL) I currently using PHP, since been working after 3.8.1 that happens. So, We need better guide line that How to workaround. First of all my firewall is fine, My DNS is fine, I spent 13 hours try to figure out what is seriously going on after ver 3.8.1 (Now currently 3.8.3) so, I know they are using OAuth feature to be more considering (I tried both ways Less secure on and off) Non of works darn thing.

If you had some problems or found out work around or new plugin that might helps? I know my WordPress works with Gmail with gmail plug-ins. It really stressing me to find out what the heck.

Thank you,
Anthony G.
Last edited by imanickam on Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split from the topic f=9&t=957537 and Removed the manual signature. In the future, please do not use manual signature as it is against the forum rules.

atgcmpsrv01
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Email Error: SMTP Connect() Failed (PHPMailer)

Post by atgcmpsrv01 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:11 am

I have same issues going on gmail matter.. See error what shown on my Gmail Business account. But right now, I using alter email as temp. until why still not working.. Drove me nuts! (Using SMTP, not PHPMailer)
Last edited by imanickam on Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with the topic f=706&t=957589 as it gives more information about the issue

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Problems with Sending Google Email - since Joomla! 3.8.1

Post by leolam » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:31 am

Joomla's #1 Professional Services Provider:
#Joomla Professional Support: https://gws-desk.com -
#Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions: https://gws-host.com -

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Problems with Sending Google Email - since Joomla! 3.8.1

Post by toivo » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:09 am

Have you followed the instructions in this tutorial, including two-step authentication and an application specific password: https://docs.joomla.org/How_do_I_use_Gm ... _server%3F

It is possible to get a detailed log about the SMTP error by configuring the plugin 'System - Debug' with the following settings. This test has no impact on the users at the front end:

Plugin
  • Allowed Groups: Super Users
    Log Priorities: All
    Log Categories: mail
Logging
  • Log Almost Everything: Yes
Turn on the option 'Debug System' in Global Configuration. Once you test the connection for example in the Mass Mail function and send a message to a user group consisting of your username with a mailbox you can access, the details of the connection requests and responses, the entire SMTP dialogue including any error codes, can be found from the file administrator/logs/everything.php.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”