Search & Read More Content

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x. Please consider the availability of third-party templates and extensions when deciding which Joomla version to use.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
wolfofthestars
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Search & Read More Content

Post by wolfofthestars » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:58 pm

Hello,

I am still new to Joomla, but I am trying to figure out why my search results and read more articles/content displays below the main content of my front page.

I have the modules on my front page set to only show up on my main page. How do I get this content to not show up on my search or read more articles page?

As it is now, you have to scroll down page the main page content in order to see your search results or to read the article. I've attached two screen shots so you can see what I am talking about.
JoomlaWrestling.GIF
JoomlaSearch.GIF
Appreciate the help. I'm on a time crunch to get this completed.

Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

effrit
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Search & Read More Content

Post by effrit » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:13 am

Hi!
Seems like you don't have separate Menu Item for Search page, so results of search inherited page type and all modules from page where you use the search (main page, in your example).
So go to Menus ->Menu items and create and publish new item of Search type.

wolfofthestars
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by wolfofthestars » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:18 pm

Thanks! That fixed my search issue. Now I need to figure out why it does it with articles that have Read More. Any ideas on that one?

I have it set up to cycle through articles that are displayed in a certain category here, but when you click on Read More it takes you to the front page with the article below it, just like it did with Search. I'm guessing there is something I need to set up that is similar but I'm not finding it on my own.
Capture.GIF
Appreciate all the help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

effrit
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by effrit » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:26 pm

It's the same. You must create Menu Item to category blog.

wolfofthestars
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by wolfofthestars » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:58 pm

That worked! You are the best. Thank you Effrit!!

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”