Articles Disappear & Categories Keep Changing

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x. Please consider the availability of third-party templates and extensions when deciding which Joomla version to use.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
ninpolearner
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Articles Disappear & Categories Keep Changing

Post by ninpolearner » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:32 pm

I'm new to Joomla. I made a Joomla website once before and I remember it being a little confusing, but I figured it out and it worked find. Maybe I don't understand how things might work differently now, but I keep finding that the category I specified in a menu item has changed to another category. When I change it to the one I want, other menu items change to the category I specified for the previous menu item.

Also, articles that show up on the front end can't be found in the article manager. Searching returns no results. Where is it storing these articles?

I'm seriously confused. I must be doing something wrong. Anyone know what's going on here?

toivo
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Articles Disappear & Categories Keep Changing

Post by toivo » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:42 am

ninpolearner wrote: Searching returns no results. Where is it storing these articles?
All articles are stored in the database. The front page may also display modules which you can manage in Extensions - Modules.

Are you talking about a new installation of the latest version of Joomla, or the old installation that may not have been updated for a while? Which version is it?

What is the URL?
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator
my first programs were assembled and run in 16KB :)
troubleshooting smtp and other articles https://talikka.com/joomla

cairostars2017
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Articles Disappear & Categories Keep Changing

Post by cairostars2017 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:36 pm

really The front page may also display modules

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”