New Page Help Required By Newbie

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x. Please consider the availability of third-party templates and extensions when deciding which Joomla version to use.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Securi-Tek
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

New Page Help Required By Newbie

Post by Securi-Tek » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:31 pm

Ive been working with Joomla for a month or so now learning my way around a particular template, learning what the different features do in the site builder i'm using, I have managed to organise a home page and i'm happy with it, y issue is I can create new pages, but as soon as I link to them I get the 'link screen effect' across the top, can somebody help and tell me how to turn this off.

Thanks In Addvance
IMG2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: New Page Help Required By Newbie

Post by AMurray » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:18 pm

It would help to know:

1) what template you're using,
2) a live link to the site and
3) have you asked the template's developer on their own forum , as this is such a specific question.

I don't know what you mean by "link screen effect".

Possibly you mean "Parallax", (which is a fancy method of scrolling a background image, or video etc behind the text content or other images) but I can't be certain.

To demonstrate, see this page, https://www.w3schools.com/w3css/tryw3cs ... rallax.htm (scroll the page and see this effect when you get to the "portfolio" and "contact" sections, you can see it scroll up the screen, but you have a static 'washed-out' image behind it.

Possibly the Parallax is associated with the template, so there may be an option in the template configuration. The parallax could also be a module so check the module manager if there's any such thing there, and then edit the settings to set it to the pages you want rather than all of them.

If your site is using a site builder like SP Page Builder, the parallax option is part of the row configurations.

A lot of guesswork here,without further info, we can't really help.
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

Securi-Tek
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Securi-Tek » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:40 pm

Hi and thank you for the reply, the template is a Joomshaper and I'm using there site builder, I have posted on the Joomshaper support site but they hav'nt answered yet, the part I'm looking to remove is the bg brown full width box that says "what we do for you" .

Thanks

Securi-Tek
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Securi-Tek » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:44 pm

Ok I have disabled breadcrumbs which has removed the text links... I just cant see where to remove the box including the text "what we do for you"

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by AMurray » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:32 am

So you're using "Page Builder" (I use it too, and a template based on Helix 3 framework.)

"What we can do for you" is probably just a row that is styled that way (and in the SP Page BUilder, probably titled as such also)., so you can go into the SP Page Builder, and find that row in the page you're referring to. From the screenshot, it is probably a row below the "header" row.

You can disable the row temporarily (to see whether that part disappears from the page). Then you can delete it if you didn't need it.

Without a look at the live site, it's impossible to say any more.

As you have done, I would just wait on a response on Joomshaper's forums. I would probably approach JoomShaper for any further specific help with SP Page Builder, or with the author of the template for further help. Is it the free or subscribed edition of Page Builder? The difference being between paid and free for this produce, is the level (and priority) of support you receive.
Regards,
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by AMurray » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:34 am

...and I just noticed, the screenshot indicates your site is on Localhost, so obviously no chance as such to give us a live link.
Regards,
A Murray

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”