User Login page does not work - SOLVED

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x. Please consider the availability of third-party templates and extensions when deciding which Joomla version to use.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
SeansList
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

User Login page does not work - SOLVED

Post by SeansList » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:56 am

Hi,

I am new to Joomla and my first venture into Joomla 3.8.5 is https://seanslist.co.uk

The site works really well however I now cannot login as a new user and neither can any of my new customers as the Login page is somehow corrupted.

I realise this is more than likely down to me clicking on the wrong link under the admin panel so if someone can have a look at my registration page and point me in the right direction I will take your advice on board and try and resolve my issue asap.

The registration page is here https://seanslist.co.uk/classifieds/user-registration

Thanks in advance

Solution was as follows

Edit User- Profile in Plugins by setting all values to Required save and exit
Now go back in and set all all values to Optional save and exit

Disable Terms Article which points to terms-of-use save and exit
Logout of admin panel

Press crtl alt delete 3 times

Now click user registration on hOMEPAGE and you can register on https://seanslist.co.uk and avail of free classified adverts

Thanks for all your Help
Last edited by SeansList on Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: User Login page does not work

Post by AMurray » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:21 am

What error do you get when attempting to login (exact wording of any errors, please post them to this thread).

I see nothing unusual about your Registration page, it looks pretty normal to me.

If the error is something like "you don't have an account yet...." that would be a user needed to register, or there might be a problem with the account activation.

Which method are you using e.g.

(1) "Self" (the user activates, through an email they receive, and click on a link to confirm their email), or

(2) "Admin" receives an email requesting them to activate the account (the user will receive an email stating the Admin has to activate the account) or

(3) "None" (no activation required, the account should be immediately accessible).

Check the user manager, to ensure the accounts are active, whichever method you have for account activation.

If you use security tools like Akeeba Admin Tools, this can prevent Super Users logging into the front-end (a security feature).

Make sure any such tool isn't blocking your access. If your attempt to log in is with a normal account, make sure it's activated as stated above.
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by AMurray » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:25 am

Can you log into the back-end (administrator) and is it the same details you are using to try and login the front-end?
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

SeansList
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by SeansList » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:35 am

Hi,

Errors are as follows;
Warning
Field required: Phone
Field required: Terms of Service

i am using 1) "Self" (the user activates, through an email they receive, and click on a link to confirm their email),

Because of the errors no link is being sent out

I am not using Akeeba Admin Tools

SeansList
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by SeansList » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:37 am

Hi,

Yes I can login to the back end and it is as A new user that causes the issues

I can still login as a Super User front and back end

I can login as a registered user as well, however once I log out of the admin panel and then try and register as a new user with a different browser I get user registration errors as above.

Regards

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”