Joomla 3.3.0 not working with Safari 11.1.2 - problem with switching between articles

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
sanued
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla 3.3.0 not working with Safari 11.1.2 - problem with switching between articles

Post by sanued » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:18 am

Hello,
I got a problem with webpage created in Joomla 3.3.0. This problem only occurs on Safari 11.1.2, the latest version. It doesn't occur in different browser or in older Safari versions.
The problem is with submenus. I can't switch between last level menus.
For example, if I have menu animals/dogs where first option is Dalmatiens, then shepherds and so... after opening dogs it shows me the first options, Dalmatiens, after clicking on something different, the site reload on the same page. I tried to write the absolute URL for different menu sites manually and it works, it opened the page I typed. Looks like it is a problem with links, but only on Safari 11.1.2.
I worry that, the webpage will not work with any future version of Safari.

I would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

abernyte
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Joomla 3.3.0 not working with Safari 11.1.2 - problem with switching between articles

Post by abernyte » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:01 pm

Is Joomla 3.3.0 a typo? If not, it was released in April 2014 and I am surprised anything on your site still works or you haven't been hacked.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." Thomas Paine

JAVesey
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Joomla 3.3.0 not working with Safari 11.1.2 - problem with switching between articles

Post by JAVesey » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:56 pm

abernyte wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:01 pm
Is Joomla 3.3.0 a typo? If not, it was released in April 2014 and I am surprised anything on your site still works or you haven't been hacked.
Update all your extensions, then update your Joomla core to v3.8.11

As Abernyte says, your Joomla version is over 4 years old and, presumably, so are all your extensions.
John V
Cardiff, Wales, UK
Joomla 5.1.0 "live" site on PHP 8.2.15 and MariaDB 10.11.7
Joomla 5.1.0 on XAMMP for OSX with PHP 8.2.4 and MariaDB 10.4.28

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”