Page 1 of 1

Getting iFrame error after updating to 3.8.13

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:21 pm
by robbrich
Hi. I have some forms from Jotform.com that I embed on sites through iFrames, and the forms were working fine until I did the upgrade from 3.8.12 to 3.8.13. Now, when the page loads, there is an error that shows in Developer Tools, and the form is embedding in a way that is altering the formatting.

The error is:
2(index):1986 Uncaught TypeError: e.data.split is not a function
at window.handleIFrameMessage ((index):1986)
scripts.min.js:1 Iframe embed detected - cant access parent, waiting for postmessage

I have embedded the form with onto another site that is still 3.8.12 and it loads properly.

Here is a screenshot of what is happening. The input fields are showing incorrectly and everything is shifted over to the right but there is no padding or margin being applied.

Thanks
Robb

Re: Getting iFrame error after updating to 3.8.13

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:36 pm
by Webdongle
Test with Protostar

Re: Getting iFrame error after updating to 3.8.13

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:16 pm
by robbrich
Hi Webdongle
I just tried it and I get the same formatting issue where part of it is cut off and the patient age field is full-width and on the second line. It should be one of 3 fields on the top row.

Iframe embed detected - cant access parent, waiting for postmessage

I did talk with JotForm, but since it's working in 3.8.12 they said it was something in the Joomla update that is causing the issue.

Thanks
Robb

Re: Getting iFrame error after updating to 3.8.13

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:18 pm
by Webdongle
On localhost (or a subdomain) install Joomla 3.8.12 see if the iframe works
If it does update that to 3.8.13.
If it doesn't work then try a fresh 3.8.13

Performing that test will rule out any 3rd party extension being the culprit. Often a badly written 3rd party extension can cause other problems on Joomla updates.

Re: Getting iFrame error after updating to 3.8.13

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:00 pm
by robbrich
Hi Webdongle
That is a good plan. I will do it tonight.

Thanks!
Robb

Re: Getting iFrame error after updating to 3.8.13

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:53 pm
by Webdongle
If it happens with a fresh install of 3.8.12 and update to 3.8.13 and/or a fresh install of 3.8.13 then it is a bug that we can report with steps to reproduce.