Joomla registered users limitation

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
Balur
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla registered users limitation

Post by Balur » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:53 am

Hello! I got a site in joomla, it's a freelancer site.It's underconstruction now. Wanted to know how many registered users can visit site at a time? Because i'm planing to get atleast 300000 visters within 6 months.

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Joomla registered users limitation

Post by AMurray » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:25 am

is that 300,000 per day,or over a period of 6 months? That works out 1780 odd per day. That doesn't seem like a lot, but if you expecting heavy traffic to the site, you'd probably need a dedicated hosting system (not shared hosting in other words).

Other than that I don't know there's any restriction with Joomla itself. It's the database you would need to be concerned with and how many "connections" it can deal with and how busy the server will get if you're getting 300 thousand+ visitors. You'd probably need to tweak the MySQL configuration file (or equivalent, for whatever database you plan using).

Without knowing more about your hosting and that sort of thing, an answer to your question is largely guesswork (in my opinion) however the more expert users around may shed some light on this or operate similarly sized sites with that kind of user-base.
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

KianWilliam
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Joomla registered users limitation

Post by KianWilliam » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:42 am

Also keep in mind that memory storage engine type tables have limited space for records.(based on RAM)
Kian William

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”