Unable to access any backend function, receiving multiple error messages

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
stormy1206
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Unable to access any backend function, receiving multiple error messages

Post by stormy1206 » Fri May 24, 2019 5:39 pm

Hi All,

I have a website that anytime I enter some sort of backend funtion, I receive an error message. I believe Joomla was automatically upgraded and somehow the upgrade fubar'd everything. I contacted my hosting provider and they said they don't know after looking into it. They tried everything.

For example: when clicking on Read Messages I get a 404 - Component not found.
when clicking on Global Configuration: Error You are not authorised to view this resource.
when clicking on Menu -> Manage: 404 - View not found [name, type, prefix]: menus, html, menusView

Permissions are correct. I went back as far i could for a backup and the same thing happens. Must've happened why before and I only just found out because i went to do some page updates.

Really annoying. I really don't want to redo this website especially when an auto upgrade did this.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Unable to access any backend function, receiving multiple error messages

Post by toivo » Fri May 24, 2019 5:54 pm

Joomla does not have auto upgrades, unless your host has some facility or you have subscribed to a web based service that does upgrades.

How did you restore the website using an earlier backup and from which version of Joomla? Was the Joomla folder cleared before the files were restored?

That information and some more is required. Please post the results of the Forum Post Assistant (FPA) by following the instructions from viewtopic.php?f=806&t=969442.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”