Error on next screen after password change

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
robertgreenlee
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Error on next screen after password change

Post by robertgreenlee » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:13 pm

We recently upgraded our Joomla site to a new Windows Server 2016 server. Latest version of Joomla, PHP, MYSQL running under IIS.

When we setup a new server and have him change his password the screen comes up and the password does change.
error1.png
But after saving the change it goes to this screen. I've been looking at it for a week without any luck figuring it out. Any ideas?
error2.png
If I enable Debug without error reporting cranked I get this
error3.png
Edit: This does this with any change to the user profile when hitting Save from the front-end.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by robertgreenlee on Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

robertgreenlee
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Error on next screen after password change

Post by robertgreenlee » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:53 pm

I cranked up debug logging on a clone I have of the production server. When changing the user password I get this after clicking Save

PHP Deprecated: Non-static method Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication::getMenu() should not be called statically in D:\www\Joomla\plugins\user\k2\k2.php on line 142
PHP Deprecated: Non-static method Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication::getMenu() should not be called statically in D:\www\Joomla\libraries\src\Application\SiteApplication.php on line 275

robertgreenlee
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Error on next screen after password change

Post by robertgreenlee » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:10 pm

Just need to add some more. Its giving us this error after making any change to the User Profile from index.php?option=com_users&view=profile

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”