Formatting Articles

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
AimeeW
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Formatting Articles

Post by AimeeW » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:44 pm

I am a new Joomla user working with an established Joomla website. I am currently working my way through the training videos. However, I have noticed the formatting options for my articles differ in both functionality and appearance from the training videos, i.e. some options are missing. How do I enable the full host of fomatting tools for articles?

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Formatting Articles

Post by imanickam » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:46 pm

Welcome to the Joomla forum!

Review of the document https://docs.joomla.org/Content_editors would be of help.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Translations Coordination Team | Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team

Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

AimeeW
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by AimeeW » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:05 pm

Thank you! The TinyMCE plugin is installed and enabled, but my formatting buttons look nothing like that! I'll keep working my way through the training videos in hopes it will shed some light on it. My current version of Joomla is 3.9.11. See the attached screen shot of my current formatting menu.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:51 pm

From the screenshot, I guess that you are using the extension JCE - not TinyMCE. If this is the case, you have to review the documentation of the extension JCE - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/sup ... or-toolbar.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Translations Coordination Team | Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team

Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

AimeeW
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by AimeeW » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:59 pm

I have no idea how to do that. I'll keep working through the training videos. I'll come back if I can't figure it out!

Thank you for your help! I'm definitely still learning!

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”