How do i create msn like website?

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
shaibustephen
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

How do i create msn like website?

Post by shaibustephen » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:49 am

I am planning to start a personal project to have a joomla driven neews site that pull up all latest news from major newspapers in the world to my site just like the case of https://www.msn.com. Please, how do i achieve this? I have started creating the joomla newspaper site already?

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: How do i create msn like website?

Post by AMurray » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:54 am

First thing, are you authorised to place all those items on your site - there are copyright issues to consider, and restrictions on what you probably can and can't post to your own site (as opposed to simply providing links to the source material).

Maybe you can place RSS feeds from those newspaper sites into Custom Modules. or similar. Use the News Feed function of Joomla; all you need is the URL to the RSS feed for those news sources.

I suppose you'd start with a "news" template something likethis news template from Template Monster

Just search google for "news templates joomla".
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”