SEF URL Rerouting

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
brendanhedges
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

SEF URL Rerouting

Post by brendanhedges » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:41 am

Hi There,

I am wondering if there is a way to exclude just one original formatted URL from the SEF rerouting process?

Regards, Brendan

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: SEF URL Rerouting

Post by sozzled » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:47 am

Every URL on a J! website has a non-SEF form. I'm not sure that I understand what you mean by "excluding" a non-SEF URL from the SEF rewriting process but I'm not sure how it matters if you did exclude the URL from this process. You can always access any page(s) on your website by knowing the non-SEF form of their URL(s). Does that answer your question?
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

brendanhedges
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: SEF URL Rerouting

Post by brendanhedges » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:53 am

Hi Sozzled,

The problem I have is that I would like to use a component that currently does not support any changes to it's original non SEF url. As I have SEF URLs turned on in the config it is changing all the URLs. This is not a problem for everything else, except this component. So, I was wondering if there is a way to exclude that specific menu item url in it's original form from the SEF rerouting process.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”