Joomla session issue

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
sandomatyas
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Joomla session issue

Post by sandomatyas » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:13 pm

There is a Joomla 3.9.28 site, a shop where I have two session-related issues.

The first one:
- I log in via a login module
- I log out via the module's logout button
- I try to log in again with the same module but got this message: Your session has expired. Please log in again.
When I reload the page or click to an other menu item after I logged out, I can log in again without any trouble.

The second one:
The site runs a custom built order form where the customers can pay by credit card. To do that after the order is finalized, the site redirects the user to the payment processor's website which redirects him back when the payment is finished and sends an IPN request with the results. Some users says when they come back from the payment processor's page, they are unlogged and have to log in again. I was not able to reproduce the issue with any device, browser or user.

Any guess with these?

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Joomla session issue

Post by leolam » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:07 pm

First of all what extension do you use for your shop? You need to be more precise in describing your issues since any extension can have its own issue.

The second issue related to the first reply: what shop you use and what payment processor(s) you use where this is experienced? Please provide more details since this is not a post that can be answered or advised upon

Leo 8)
Joomla's #1 Professional Services Provider:
#Joomla Professional Support: https://gws-desk.com -
#Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions: https://gws-host.com -

Rizzkhn
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Rizzkhn » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:13 pm

Have the php.ini file enabled error reporting? Something hangs up somewhere.

Are You running this on a Xampp partition or a hosting plan? Many other questions you should know?

If you're a beginner, put the files using the ftp program to set the permissions correctly when they go up. This is what I'd do.

Advancing a user and using the command line, chmod your files into 644 files and 755 folders.

sandormatyas
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sandormatyas » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:49 am

leolam wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:07 pm
First of all what extension do you use for your shop? You need to be more precise in describing your issues since any extension can have its own issue.

The second issue related to the first reply: what shop you use and what payment processor(s) you use where this is experienced? Please provide more details since this is not a post that can be answered or advised upon

Leo 8)
The "shop" is not really a shop, it's a custom made order form. It uses Joomla's user handling and login but the custom extension handles the product listing, cart, order placing and payment. It's actually a plugin (don't even ask, why not a component :) )
The payment processor is also from a small local company, not Paypal or any other big firm.

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:57 pm

Please post your FPA. See red frame above.

Is the Session path writable on the server?

Do you use PHP or Database as session storage in Global Configuration?

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”