Linking text within articles to relevant tags more easily

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
xgipper
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Linking text within articles to relevant tags more easily

Post by xgipper » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:57 am

I'm wondering if there's an easier/ faster way to hyperlink terms which are also used as content tags within my articles, other than selecting the text in my editor (JCE), clicking on the hyperlink option (or using the shortcut), and then using the cog icon to select tag searching, keying in my desired term and finding and selecting it. This is reasonably slow for an online publicatioin.

For example I wondered if there's some plugin that might do something like this - even automatically (ideally selectively somehow) - or whether other text editors might make this easier, somehow 'knowing' when a tag term is typed into an article and offering the option on whether or not to link it? The hyperlink dialogue box appears to be a Joomla thing rather than a JCE thing, btw.

Just wishful thinking, with possible downsides, perhaps?

Cheers

DV-admin
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Linking text within articles to relevant tags more easily

Post by DV-admin » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:40 am

There is Ideal Related Items word linking, see the following extension, which really does much more than it says. https://idealextensions.com/joomla-exte ... icles.html

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”