Strange problem after site recovery ...

Need help installing Joomla! 3.x? For all Joomla! 3.x installation issues please use this forum. Note: Users creating new sites can use either version 2.5 or 3.x. Please consider the availability of third-party templates and extensions when deciding which Joomla version to use.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
theteacher999
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Strange problem after site recovery ...

Postby theteacher999 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:18 pm

My Joomla site crashed after doing an update. fortunately, I had a recent back-up, which I have tested and works on another domain. I have installed the recovery file using Akeeba successfully, but ....

when i type in www.mysite.info it goes to the installation page again at www.mysite.info/installation/index.php
when I type in www.mysite.info/index.php it goes correctly to my site.

I have transferred my site to different domains and used back-ups loads of times to recover the site and play around, but I can't work this one out.

Any help is welcome, please

Thanks

dhuelsmann
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Strange problem after site recovery ...

Postby dhuelsmann » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:24 pm

Simple. You haven't removed the installation folder.
Regards, Dave
Past Treasurer Open Source Matters, Inc.
Past Global Moderator
http://www.kiwaniswest.org

theteacher999
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Postby theteacher999 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:40 pm

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated. Okay, I may be thick here, but specifically which folder / files please? I'm looking at the contents of my httpdocs folder, and there are all the Joomla files, but I can't see an installation folder or file. Isn't that removed anyway, when you click the 'Clean-up button at the end of the installation process?

Thanks

Dave

theteacher999
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Postby theteacher999 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:49 pm

When you type in www.mysite.info, it jumps to www.mysite.info/installation/index.php and then displays this:

ANGIE - Akeeba Next Generation Installer Engine v5.2.5

HTTP Request Error
HTTP Status: 404 (Not Found)
Internal status: error
XHR ReadyState: 4
Raw server response:
Not Found
The requested document was not found on this server.
Web Server at mysite.info

Any help really welcome. I've been trying to solve this one in a hot office all day and want to go home :-)

dhuelsmann
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Postby dhuelsmann » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:18 pm

Delete the folder called "installation".
Regards, Dave
Past Treasurer Open Source Matters, Inc.
Past Global Moderator
http://www.kiwaniswest.org

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Postby AMurray » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:08 am

theteacher999 wrote:Isn't that (installation folder) removed anyway, when you click the 'Clean-up button at the end of the installation process?

Yes, it should do that. But it may not.....and you might have to remove it manually - but the kickstart script will say alert you to the fact if it can't do so.

It seems strange because you're getting conflicting information - on one hand it's going to the Installation folder that apparently doesn't exist ?! it should be like dhuelsmann has said, in the 'root' folder of your joomla installation, should be the /installation folder. It's not a hidden folder or anything like that.

Given you have used the JPA archive file to restore to another domain suggests something wrong with the other domain/hosting.
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

Return to “Installation Joomla! 3.x”