Joomla 3.8 missing files

Need help installing Joomla! 3.x? For all Joomla! 3.x installation issues please use this forum.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
DarthZeiler
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla 3.8 missing files

Post by DarthZeiler » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:04 am

When I navigate to finish the install of the latest version of Joomla, I get the following error:
Warning: require(/home/crashedata/public_html/libraries/vendor/composer/../symfony/polyfill-ctype/bootstrap.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/crashedata/public_html/libraries/vendor/composer/autoload_real.php on line 66

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/crashedata/public_html/libraries/vendor/composer/../symfony/polyfill-ctype/bootstrap.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php70/root/usr/share/pear') in /home/crashedata/public_html/libraries/vendor/composer/autoload_real.php on line 66
I have seen some posts from other users with similar errors where downloading Joomla, and uploading it via FTP instead of using an autoinstaller fixed this issue. However, I did download the package from the site, and manually upload it via FTP. And I checked the original zip archive I downloaded from joomla.org, and it is missing the files as well. Anyone know how to fix this?
Last edited by toivo on Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: marked as solved

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Joomla 3.8 missing files

Post by Webdongle » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:24 am

What site did you download Joomla from ?
What file is missing when you compare the files ?

DarthZeiler
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by DarthZeiler » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:29 am

It says in the error what files are missing. And I downloaded it direct from Joomla.org, as I said in my original post. I checked for the files referenced in the error both on my server, and in the original download to find they were in fact missing from both. However, with that being said, I did get it to work, but not by re-downloading from Joomla.org. Each time I re-downloaded from Joomla.org, I ran into the exact same issue. So, I logged into my WHM interface, went to Softaculous settings, clicked the purchase license button (as you can't install Joomla using the free version), purchased a license, made sure it was up to date, then logged into the cPanel side of things, and used it to install Joomla 3.8.10. Using the auto-installer fixed it.

JAVesey
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by JAVesey » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:44 pm

DarthZeiler wrote:So, I logged into my WHM interface, went to Softaculous settings, clicked the purchase license button (as you can't install Joomla using the free version), purchased a license, made sure it was up to date, then logged into the cPanel side of things, and used it to install Joomla 3.8.10. Using the auto-installer fixed it.
This concerns me.

For what did you pay a licence fee?
Are you hosting your own site and paying for a WHM licence?
What version of Joomla was installed?

You shouldn't be paying for a Joomla licence; Joomla is open source and free to use.
John V
Cardiff, Wales, UK

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:56 pm

The files that are missing belong to symphony Template. best guess is that you downloaded Joomla and installed it then paid to install a Template (or visa versa). We need a clear description of the process you used.

brian
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by brian » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:51 pm

@webdongle - sorry but that is very wrong - they are nothing to do with a template (in the sense of a site design). If you dont know the answer to something it is ok to leave it for someone else. No answer is much better than a completely wrong answer

@DarthZeiler
I don't know what to say. Those files ARE present in the core release of joomla - i just reverified that - see screenshots below
explorer_2018-07-14_23-49-48.png
explorer_2018-07-14_23-49-06.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Exploited yesterday... Hacked tomorrow"
Blog http://brian.teeman.net/
Joomla Hidden Secrets http://hiddenjoomlasecrets.com/

DarthZeiler
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by DarthZeiler » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:14 pm

I did not pay for a Joomla license. I paid for a license for a cPanel plugin license for an auto installer. Yes, I do use my own server, and pay for a WHM/cPanel license, but I usually manually upload and install software, as the autoinstaller plugins for cPanel all have extra licenses to pay for. When I used the autoinstaller it installed Joomla 3.8.10.

DarthZeiler
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by DarthZeiler » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:17 pm

Also, after the fact, I was able to verify that for some odd reason, my security software on my computer was stripping those files. Not sure why.

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:43 am

@brian
It's blatantly obvious that you didn't know the answer either ... otherwise you would have given the answer rather than just verifying the files exist in the Joomla full package. If you don't know what questions to ask (to help the OP find the cause) it's OK for you to let others ask.

@DarthZeiler
Glad you found the cause. btw what security software on your computer did that ?

mbabker
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by mbabker » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:47 pm

Look at the original post and the title. They make a claim of missing files in the release archive, hence it is in fact appropriate to validate the release archive is complete.
So long and thanks for all the fish.

Manually updating Joomla? See https://gist.github.com/mbabker/d7bfb4e ... 3607f89281

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:38 pm

mbabker wrote:Look at the original post and the title. They make a claim of missing files in the release archive, hence it is in fact appropriate to validate the release archive is complete.
Of course it was nobody said otherwise. If you are refering to my post then the point I was making was that brian openly attacked me for not providing a solution when he didn't know the answer either. The answer turned out to be that they existed before the OP's computer stripped them.

Your post was unnecessary and an obvious attack on me. You and brian frequently attacked my posts in issues.joomla.org. Now you are joining in on his attacks in the forum. Your behaviour towards me is an abuse of power. The OP solved their problem, yet you posted to attack my defence of brians post.

mbabker
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by mbabker » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:33 pm

*sigh* And this is why I'll be happy when people finally step up so I can step out of the project, something I've only been asking for for well over three years. I'm tired of being told I'm attacking people. If you really think I'm attacking you, abusing power, or anything like that, please submit a Code of Conduct violation report to the appropriate leadership team members so that Brian can no longer be the only person in the project's history to have been banned. It would do wonders for my mental health to be forced out of the project. Here's the link - https://joom.la/cocreport

Brian's response was perfectly fine for this thread and the original question/claim of an incomplete release archive by validating the archive was in the correct state. Just because he posted that does not mean he had to enter into a support discussion to help the OP fix their issue.
So long and thanks for all the fish.

Manually updating Joomla? See https://gist.github.com/mbabker/d7bfb4e ... 3607f89281

Return to “Installation Joomla! 3.x”