Cpanel VS CWP

Need help installing Joomla! 3.x? For all Joomla! 3.x installation issues please use this forum.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
crashtackle
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Cpanel VS CWP

Post by crashtackle » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:47 am

Hi,

I have a site that I have installed on a server using Cpanel. When I install that exact site on a server using CWP (Control Web Panel) the site no longer worked.

For those of you who may run into the same issue the problem was solved by commenting out the following code in the .htaccess file.

#Options +FollowSymlinks
#Options -Indexes

I am not sure if this is a setting on all CWP hosts, or if it is just the way these hosts configured the server, but thought I'd post it here in case it helps someone in the future

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Cpanel VS CWP

Post by Webdongle » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:30 am

Well there is a explanation in the file itself
# READ THIS COMPLETELY IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE THIS FILE!
#
# The line 'Options +FollowSymLinks' may cause problems with some server configurations.
# It is required for the use of Apache mod_rewrite, but it may have already been set by
# your server administrator in a way that disallows changing it in this .htaccess file.
# If using it causes your site to produce an error, comment it out (add # to the
# beginning of the line), reload your site in your browser and test your sef urls. If
# they work, then it has been set by your server administrator and you do not need to
# set it here.
##
and
## Can be commented out if causes errors, see notes above.
Options +FollowSymlinks
Options -Indexes
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results": Albert Einstein

Return to “Installation Joomla! 3.x”