MySQL database with 3.10.4 installation

Need help installing Joomla! 3.x? For all Joomla! 3.x installation issues please use this forum.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
Pammie
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

MySQL database with 3.10.4 installation

Post by Pammie » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:30 am

Hello

I'm installing Joomla 3.10.4 on a CloudPanel with MySQL database and cannot get past the second installation page as no option for MySQL database and it can't connect up.

How do I sort this out please?

Many thanks

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: MySQL database with 3.10.4 installation

Post by toivo » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:09 am

Did you receive the database connection details from your host? Is this a free hosting service? Still, it is best to contact the support team of your host.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Pammie
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Pammie » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:29 am

Thank you!

I set up the database myself and have all the details, a request has already gone to server support.

Richard67
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by Richard67 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:50 am

If the installation does not offer a database type in the corresponding drop down list, then the reason is that the PHP extension for that database type is not available (e.g. not enabled). For MySQL databases it either needs the mysqli (ext/mysqli) or the pdo (ext/pdo) extensions, the latter with MySQL support.

Pammie
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Pammie » Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:12 pm

Richard thank you.

I think you have found the problem, however with a CloudPanel not possible to view the PHP extensions and it's not my hosting which has made it more complicated. In the end I used Installatron which installed Jooomla 4 and seemed alright, it set up a database and I thought all was well, but the next day I discovered I couldn't access the back or front at all.

I think this may be a problem with CloudPanel.

Return to “Installation Joomla! 3.x”