Failed opening required '__DIR__/includes/defines.php

Need help installing Joomla! 3.x? For all Joomla! 3.x installation issues please use this forum.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
prosolusindo
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Failed opening required '__DIR__/includes/defines.php

Post by prosolusindo » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:09 am

Hi

Im installing Joomla 3.0 on my server, before. i've installed on localhost and everything looks perfect. I am using meet_gavern template and I've set everything.. Ready to move on livesite.

Just, when I move to livesite, everything strange. I got an error message

Warning: require_once(__DIR__/includes/defines.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxx/public_html/index.php on line 28

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '__DIR__/includes/defines.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xxx/public_html/index.php on line 28

Before this problem, Joomla php check show me error that I am not on php 5.3.1, Indeed, my php version is higher than 5.3.1, so I bypass the phpcheck to be greater of 5.2.1, and I've modded also become (version_compare(PHP_VERSION, '5.3.1', '>'))
PHP check bypass successfully and now path issues appear

I search around google and not able to found the problem. Also, I've trying to define path to my folder but it brings me to another problem, jpath is not define.. I wonder what was the problem of this.

I've try to install the newest from joomla.org and start from the scratch, I hope the problem gone but it brings me to another problem.

Error displaying the error page: Application Instantiation Error

All thing Ive done, in fact, I am installed on 5 of my server and 1 hostgator cpanel.. Yes, 5 of my server, 2 of them using apache and 3 of them using litespeed and 1 apache from hostgator. All of them showing the same error. This is frustrating. Ive spend few days on localhost to set up my sites and everything looks great. I even cannot do fresh installation on all of the server.

It might be have a problem with path or something else, the permission is set correctly, 644 for files, and 755 for folder. Permission is set to the owner of cpanel and still problem persist.

Somebody help me get out of this problem. :(

My link for you can check is

*link removed*

Any help would be greatly apreaciated.

Thanks
Last edited by prosolusindo on Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

prosolusindo
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Failed opening required '__DIR__/includes/defines.php

Post by prosolusindo » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:40 pm

Does anyone can help please ? :(

prosolusindo
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Failed opening required '__DIR__/includes/defines.php

Post by prosolusindo » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:55 pm

It seems because the basedir issue and now I've fixed the issues

What I've done is give the path on php.ini, your server must be able to use custom php.ini otherwise wont load at all

I just create

upload_tmp_dir = /home/yourcpanelname/public_html/tmp
open_basedir = /home/yourcpanelname/public_html:tmp

Working like a charm..

Reference : http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=622&t=710302

Return to “Installation Joomla! 3.x”