Problem in updating to 3.2

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 3.x?

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Lincky
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Problem in updating to 3.2

Post by Lincky » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:38 am

Hello,
I try to update my joomla in the backoffice, and i got this error:

1050 Table 'bamj_postinstall_messages' already exists SQL=CREATE TABLE `bamj_postinstall_messages` ( `postinstall_message_id` bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, `extension_id` bigint(20) NOT NULL DEFAULT '700' COMMENT 'FK to #__extensions', `title_key` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '' COMMENT 'Lang key for the title', `description_key` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '' COMMENT 'Lang key for description', `action_key` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `language_extension` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'com_postinstall' COMMENT 'Extension holding lang keys', `language_client_id` tinyint(3) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1', `type` varchar(10) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'link' COMMENT 'Message type - message, link, action', `action_file` varchar(255) DEFAULT '' COMMENT 'RAD URI to the PHP file containing action method', `action` varchar(255) DEFAULT '' COMMENT 'Action method name or URL', `condition_file` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL COMMENT 'RAD URI to file holding display condition method', `condition_method` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL COMMENT 'Display condition method, must return boolean', `version_introduced` varchar(50) NOT NULL DEFAULT '3.2.0' COMMENT 'Version when this message was introduced', `enabled` tinyint(3) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1', PRIMARY KEY (`postinstall_message_id`) ) DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

Then i clicked in the "retun to admin" button and i revice this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getInt() on a non-object in /home/****/public_html/TestZone/administrator/components/com_postinstall/models/messages.php on line 37

What i did wrong?
Last edited by Lincky on Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zhous
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Problem in updating to 3.2

Post by zhous » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:40 pm

Today I have got 2 reports of the same problem, and unfortunately, I have no idea how to solve this.
http://www.joomla.cn, since 2003.
Joomla Translation Coordination Team

Lincky
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Lincky » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:53 pm

Well, first of all, thanks for your attention... :)

Anyone have any ideas???

tobypsl
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tobypsl » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:59 pm

I have the same error message. SAfter some ferreting on the internet there is no clear solution yet.

I tried looking at he postinstall component (which I think is new in 3.2) but I get an SQL error message.

I read that it might be mising .ini files in admin templates - but I can see everything in admin except control panel.

I think it's a bug with the post install component. So I'r re-installing the update patch manually to see if that resolves it. but not holding my breath.

I wonder if the postinstall component can be unistalled? and if so how?

Lincky
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Lincky » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:28 pm

What i try was to download the update package manually and install from the extensions manager, but without any success...

tobypsl
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tobypsl » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:33 pm

I've tried this but I get a server 500 error. I followed steps here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8225 ... end-joomla but still get the error. I've tried the install from url but that throws up unable to read from archive.

Soon be time to explore wordpress. Joomla is so behind in terms of quality of updating. I'm sick and tired of having to troublshoot updates. Not fun.

Lincky
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Lincky » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:42 pm

tobypsl wrote:Soon be time to explore wordpress. Joomla is so behind in terms of quality of updating. I'm sick and tired of having to troublshoot updates. Not fun.
As you should know, wordpress have many security issues...
Let's hope the 3.2.x version don't have this bug or anyone find another solution!

In the meantime I will continue with version 3.1.6

mbabker
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by mbabker » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:25 pm

Lincky wrote:Hello,
I try to update my joomla in the backoffice, and i got this error:

1050 Table 'bamj_postinstall_messages' already exists SQL=CREATE TABLE `bamj_postinstall_messages` ( `postinstall_message_id` bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, `extension_id` bigint(20) NOT NULL DEFAULT '700' COMMENT 'FK to #__extensions', `title_key` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '' COMMENT 'Lang key for the title', `description_key` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '' COMMENT 'Lang key for description', `action_key` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `language_extension` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'com_postinstall' COMMENT 'Extension holding lang keys', `language_client_id` tinyint(3) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1', `type` varchar(10) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'link' COMMENT 'Message type - message, link, action', `action_file` varchar(255) DEFAULT '' COMMENT 'RAD URI to the PHP file containing action method', `action` varchar(255) DEFAULT '' COMMENT 'Action method name or URL', `condition_file` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL COMMENT 'RAD URI to file holding display condition method', `condition_method` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL COMMENT 'Display condition method, must return boolean', `version_introduced` varchar(50) NOT NULL DEFAULT '3.2.0' COMMENT 'Version when this message was introduced', `enabled` tinyint(3) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1', PRIMARY KEY (`postinstall_message_id`) ) DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

Then i clicked in the "retun to admin" button and i revice this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getInt() on a non-object in /home/oleotest/public_html/TestZone/administrator/components/com_postinstall/models/messages.php on line 37

What i did wrong?
What version did you upgrade from? Immediately, two things I can think of is if either the update tried to run twice or if you updated from a beta version of 3.2 to the stable release.
So long and thanks for all the fish.

Manually updating Joomla? See https://gist.github.com/mbabker/d7bfb4e ... 3607f89281

Lincky
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Lincky » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:28 pm

mbabker wrote: What version did you upgrade from? Immediately, two things I can think of is if either the update tried to run twice or if you updated from a beta version of 3.2 to the stable release.
First i try to update from 3.1.5 to 3.2.0 and it didn't work. Then i try to update from 3.1.6 to 3.2.0 and again it didn't work...
It always show me the same error!

hat7rick
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by hat7rick » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:42 pm

I have the same problem. I updated from 3.1.5, i m pretty sure it installed only once..Please let us know of any solutions

rvdlaak
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by rvdlaak » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:47 pm

I couldn't go back to control panel for other reasons, but this forum message helped (running the fix on the database). You tried that?

Lincky
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Lincky » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:50 pm

rvdlaak wrote:I couldn't go back to control panel for other reasons, but this forum message helped (running the fix on the database). You tried that?
Well i'm cut off from the control panel, but how i can do that ("running the fix on the database")?

ihbal916
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ihbal916 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:06 pm

I upgraded from 3.1.5 to 3.2.0, but the upgrade process without any reflection, refresh after can not enter the administrator
Ekber Tursun
Uyghur Translation Team Coordinator
http://www.joomlauy.org

mcqueena9845
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mcqueena9845 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:36 pm

I had the same error with one of my sites. I believe it is a problem with the post install messages that is new in 3.2. A temporary work-around: once you login to the admin panel, browse to administrator/index.php?option=com_content and you get access to your admin panel again, just don't go back to the main control panel or post-installation messages from the extensions menu.

mbabker
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by mbabker » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:51 pm

If you're having issues and have clear instructions that can be used to reproduce the issue consistently, please report it as a bug to the bug tracker at http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla ... er_id=8103 as this will help us to triage and fix bugs.

If you are getting a white screen, please edit your configuration.php file, find public $error_reporting = 'whatever'; and change the whatever to development. This will turn up your error reporting and show additional messages that can help isolate issues.

Manually updating Joomla? See https://gist.github.com/mbabker/d7bfb4e ... 3607f89281

birnik
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by birnik » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:59 pm

Sorry for interrupting, but this appears to be a common issue.
Error Reporting set to maximum or development and only results in the very same error:
Fatal error: Call to a member function getInt() on a non-object in /home/****/public_html/administrator/components/com_postinstall/models/messages.php on line 37

So everything else works, except the Control Panel and this new component "com_postinstall", where the error is:
0 SQL=SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `rec_postinstall_cpanels`
Birnik

Lincky
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Lincky » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:02 pm

mcqueena9845 wrote:...once you login to the admin panel, browse to administrator/index.php?option=com_content and you get access to your admin panel again...
Okk that's work for now.
However, if i click in Components>Post-installation Messages i will receive this error message:

An error has occurred.

1146 Table 'testzone_jos1.jos_postinstall_cpanels' doesn't exist SQL=SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `jos_postinstall_cpanels`
Last edited by Lincky on Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mbabker
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by mbabker » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:03 pm

birnik wrote:Sorry for interrupting, but this appears to be a common issue.
Error Reporting set to maximum or development and only results in the very same error:
Fatal error: Call to a member function getInt() on a non-object in /home/****/public_html/administrator/components/com_postinstall/models/messages.php on line 37

So everything else works, except the Control Panel and this new component "com_postinstall", where the error is:
0 SQL=SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `rec_postinstall_cpanels`
Common issue or not, if some folks are experiencing the issue and others are not, it helps to have clear information about what they did, what caused them to get the errors, what errors they're actually getting, and information about the operating environment (PHP version, server OS, database version, etc.) as some issues are unique to specific configs. Every little bit helps us, so if it seems like we're asking a lot of questions and not doing a lot of work, it isn't necessarily us ignoring an issue, but trying to make sure the issue is clear for everyone.

sacautos
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sacautos » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:05 pm

Let me add myself to the list of people who upgraded from 3.1.5 to 3.2 and now no longer can see the administrator page. Looking at my logs I see the "Call to a member function getInt() on a non-object in messages.php on line 37" error as well. I await a resolution. My server is CentOS 6, MySQL 5.1.69 with PHP 5.3. Nothing unusual to report during the update process - it just failed to display my control panel once the update finished.
Last edited by sacautos on Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

birnik
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by birnik » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:09 pm

mbabker wrote: Common issue or not, if some folks are experiencing the issue and others are not, it helps to have clear information about what they did, what caused them to get the errors, what errors they're actually getting, and information about the operating environment (PHP version, server OS, database version, etc.) as some issues are unique to specific configs. Every little bit helps us, so if it seems like we're asking a lot of questions and not doing a lot of work, it isn't necessarily us ignoring an issue, but trying to make sure the issue is clear for everyone.
I have several other sites on the same server. The only difference is that the broken site was previously on 1.5 and 2.5. The other sites (not broken) were 3.0 and above only.
So 1 of 7 is broken.

I don't know if any other information I am able to provide.
Birnik

birnik
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by birnik » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:19 pm

Here is server information

Code: Select all

System Information
Setting	 Value

PHP Built On	 Linux ***** 2.6.32-042stab078.27 #1 SMP Mon Jul 1 20:48:07 MSK 2013 i686
Database Version	 5.1.61
Database Collation	 utf8_general_ci
PHP Version	 5.3.10
Web Server	 Apache/2.2.22 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.22 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_qos/9.74
WebServer to PHP Interface	 cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version	 Joomla! 3.2.0 Stable [ Ember ] 6-November-2013 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version	 Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
User Agent	 Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/30.0.1599.101 Safari/537.36
PHP Info

Code: Select all

Relevant PHP Settings
Setting	 Value

Safe Mode	 Off
Open basedir	 None
Display Errors	 On
Short Open Tags	 On
File Uploads	 On
Magic Quotes	 Off
Register Globals	 Off
Output Buffering	 Off
Session Save Path	 /tmp
Session Auto Start	 0
XML Enabled	 Yes
Zlib Enabled	 Yes
Native ZIP Enabled	 Yes
Disabled Functions	 None
Mbstring Enabled	 Yes
Iconv Available
Birnik

sacautos
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sacautos » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:22 pm

Here are the error messages culled from my error_logs files on the server during the period of time that I performed my update. The specific domain name and IP address have been sanitized to protect the innocent. Hopefully this is of some help. See attachment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hat7rick
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by hat7rick » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:28 pm

Database Version 5.5.32-31.0-log
PHP Version 5.3.27
Web Server Apache

Lincky
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Lincky » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:34 pm

Apache version 2.2.24
PHP version 5.3.26
MySQL version 5.1.70-cll

pochat
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by pochat » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:51 pm

Hi,

Has anybody found a fix?

I am having the same error:
SQL=SHOW COLUMNS IN `edu_content_types` WHERE field = 'content_history_options'

See image attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wilsonge
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by wilsonge » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:01 pm

@sacautos thanks for the log. Everything on your log should have been fixed in 3.2 (the reason they show is because the upgrade started at 3.1.5).

I'm not sure why it would be an issue but could people who have the issue with the wrong table name of #__postinstall_cpanels (it should be #__postinstall_messages) confirm or reject birnik's hypothesis that it's only sites that started on 1.5 that are affected please?

The issue with content history is separate to this as this the post install component uses the new FOF framework whereas content history uses the traditional Joomla MVC classes and JTable.

There are many more people updating succesfully on the same/similar php/mysql versions as you are all on who have updated successfully (I updated from PHP 5.3.22 and MySQL 5.1.70-cll without any issues)

Kind Regards,
George

tobypsl
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tobypsl » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:23 pm

As I recall I updated from a 2.5 install and then from 3.15 to 3.2. In any event definitely not from a 1.5.

PHP 5.3.23 MySQL 5.5.3 CentOS

mcqueena9845
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mcqueena9845 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:33 pm

Same here, I upgraded from 2.5 to 3.0 a while back, but not from 1.5

Control Panel page error: Fatal error: Call to a member function getInt() on a non-object in /home/username/public_html/administrator/components/com_postinstall/models/messages.php on line 37

And Post-installation Messages: Table db_name.prefix_postinstall_cpanels doesn't exist SQL=SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM prefix_postinstall_cpanels

pochat
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by pochat » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:51 pm

Someone on the joomla team should deactivate the upgrade button to prevent others.

mcqueena9845
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mcqueena9845 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:59 pm

mbabker wrote:If you're having issues and have clear instructions that can be used to reproduce the issue consistently, please report it as a bug to the bug tracker at http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla ... er_id=8103 as this will help us to triage and fix bugs.

If you are getting a white screen, please edit your configuration.php file, find public $error_reporting = 'whatever'; and change the whatever to development. This will turn up your error reporting and show additional messages that can help isolate issues.
I don't mind posting in the tracker. Has this bug already been reported? If so, do you have a direct link.

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x”