Installing Joomla 3.3 hangs at step 3 (Installation Process)

Need help installing Joomla! 3.x? For all Joomla! 3.x installation issues please use this forum.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
mekanero
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Installing Joomla 3.3 hangs at step 3 (Installation Process)

Post by mekanero » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:56 pm

Am Installing Joomla CMS staging as the directory name indicates but as I've gotten to the final step (Overview step 3) as it starts to install, it will hang at creating database...please i need help.
Thanks

jackrabbit
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Installing Joomla 3.3 hangs at step 3 (Installation Proc

Post by jackrabbit » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:12 pm

Try the manual method explained at http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=706&t=868145
Reset Joomla super user password and username simply | http://cmsenergizer.com/website-energy- ... d-remotely

mekanero
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by mekanero » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:02 pm

Ok...i have actually copied the file from the installation folder and now kept it at the main directory which is the the main application folder / directory. so i hope that's where it should be? Then i can now run the program again right?
Please take me as i am because am trying to be sure of what you're instructing me on.

jackrabbit
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by jackrabbit » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:08 pm

No. Once you copy the file to the Joomla root, you need to manually enter the required details as it indicates, by editing the file with your hosting control panel's text editor or what ever you use to edit a text file.

Fill in the database lines as shown

Code: Select all

/* Database Settings */
public $dbtype = 'mysql';					// Normally mysql
public $host = 'localhost';					// This is normally set to localhost
public $user = '';							// DB username
public $password = '';						// DB password
public $db = '';							// DB database name
public $dbprefix = 'jos_';					// change to match the prefix in step 2!
Reset Joomla super user password and username simply | http://cmsenergizer.com/website-energy- ... d-remotely

sovainfo
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sovainfo » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:34 pm

When installing on Windows suggest to replace line 806 (empty) with set_time_limit(0);.
This will remove the imposed time limit for this PHP script. This will allow the creation and population of the tables, no matter how slow your infra is.

Monitor the table creation using phpMyAdmin, last table should be #_weblinks or #_viewlevels depending on version.

An alternative is to set the max_execution_time to at least 300 and restart apache. If that is not enough, monitor your system for processes blocking disc access.
Issue with migrating? Include logs/joomla_update.php in your report!
Blank screen? Verify pagesource for HTML code (javascript error)
Installation failing on populating database? Install with set_time_limit(0)
Document your customizations!

mekanero
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by mekanero » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:10 am

Thanks pals for your assistance but then as i did as you guys instructed me, moving the configuration file to the Joomla root only acts as joomla is installed but not with the databases..then leaving the config file in the installation folder creates the databases but not all and stops at table mtc_finder_links_terms while it keep loading. So i knew this because i had to monitor it through my phpmyadmin. *mtc_* is my prefix....So please hope you guys can bear with me and help me out.

Server Configuration
Apache Version : 2.4.4
PHP Version : 5.4.16
Server Software: Apache/2.4.4 (Win32) PHP/5.4.16
Thanks

robec1982
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Installing Joomla 3.3 hangs at step 3 (Installation Process)

Post by robec1982 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:22 pm

If the previous posts don't solve your problem you can increase the maximum execution time of your PHP scripts in php.ini file. It's 30 seconds by default.Remember restarting your Apache Web Server after doing this change. I succeeded by increasing max_execution_time to 300 seconds (5 min.)...

lnuyasha
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Installing Joomla 3.3 hangs at step 3 (Installation Process)

Post by lnuyasha » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:50 am

mekanero wrote:Am Installing Joomla CMS staging as the directory name indicates but as I've gotten to the final step (Overview step 3) as it starts to install, it will hang at creating database...please i need help.
Thanks
Following documents will be useful to you.
https://docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Installing_Joomla
https://docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Updating_f ... ng_version
I'm proud of Joomla! is a open source software created and maintained by an amazing community.

Return to “Installation Joomla! 3.x”