Problems after installation

Need help installing Joomla! 3.x? For all Joomla! 3.x installation issues please use this forum.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
ke4obt
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Problems after installation

Post by ke4obt » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:16 am

Hey, guys,
We are setting up Joomla 3.6 on a Raspberry Pi3 running Ubuntu Mate 16.04. The installation goes fine until it's done and says to remove the installation folder. I had been having problems with it creating the config file, but that was due to my permissions. When I click on the "remove" button, it tells me it can't do it. So, I removed the folder manually. When I go to the Admin for the site, I get "An error has occurred. 0 The file Cache Storage is not supported on this platform.".
We've been working with Joomla for a number of years and never had a problem like this before. We're relatively new to working with our own server and REALLY new working with the Pi.
We're running Apache 2.4.18 and PHP 7.0.4-7.
Any help on figuring this out would be a HUGE load off my mind.

Thanks in advance,
Flip & Mickey
Flip,
The Blind wana be webmaster

itoctopus
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Problems after installation

Post by itoctopus » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:27 pm

This is definitely a permission issue - the cache folder is not writable and Apache (or the webserver you're using, if different) doesn't have write permissions over the installation folder (and that's why it can't remove it).
http://www.itoctopus.com - Joomla consulting at its finest
https://twitter.com/itoctopus - Follow us on Twitter

ke4obt
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Problems after installation

Post by ke4obt » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:41 pm

Itoctopus,
Thanks for the reply. We got it taken care of - did a better search and found your other post. We went into the global settings and got url rewrite turned on. Installed Kunena. When I activated the menu for Kunena and click on it, I get a 404 error. :(
I can create an account for you if you need to check it out. since it's still in development, I've got it "off line"
Any ideas??

thanks again,
Flip
Flip,
The Blind wana be webmaster

Return to “Installation Joomla! 3.x”