Error 3.7.3 to 3.7.4 Crashes

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 3.x?

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
sungazer
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Error 3.7.3 to 3.7.4 Crashes

Post by sungazer » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:34 am

I have just run the automatic updater I was using the below

Setting Value

PHP Built On Linux cbr1lcp13.webhosting.openconnect.com.au 2.6.32-673.26.1.lve1.4.18.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Oct 21 11:58:14 EDT 2016 x86_64
Database Version 5.5.55-cll
Database Collation latin1_swedish_ci
Database Connection Collation utf8mb4_general_ci
PHP Version 5.6.31
Web Server Apache/2.4.9 (Unix) OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_bwlimited/1.4
WebServer to PHP Interface cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.7.3 Stable [ Amani ] 4-July-2017 08:03 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0

Then when I updated I had the error message for front end
Error displaying the error page: Application Instantiation Error: Unknown storage engine 'InnoDB'

Back end
Error displaying the error page

totalhealth
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Application Instantiation Error: Unknown storage engine 'InnoDB'

Post by totalhealth » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:15 pm

PHP Built On Linux 3.10.0-693.21.1.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Mar 7 19:03:37 UTC 2018 x86_64
Database Version 5.5.5-10.1.32-MariaDB
Database Collation latin1_swedish_ci
Database Connection Collation utf8mb4_general_ci
PHP Version 5.6.34
Web Server Apache/2.4.29 (cPanel) OpenSSL/1.0.2n mod_bwlimited/1.4
WebServer to PHP Interface cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.8.1 Stable [ Amani ] 4-October-2017 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:59.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/59.0

I had the same error show up out of the blue yesterday. On both my home page and my admin page. When I googled the issue there was a LOT of confusion over InnoDB. I am no programmer or linux expert as I only use it when I have to solve problems like this one.

The first thing I did was open cpanel and go to the site mysql database section and went to that database. I hit repair tables and it did not repair the plethora of errors. Then I became stressed out...I spent hours pouring through websites looking for a solution. Some were really complicated and way above my pay grade. This morning I noticed a second joomla site on my server (only have two of them) was also displaying that message. So then I started thinking this was a server issue and not a site db issue. So I logged on to WHM (I have root access) and restarted mysql. On restart I saw that 4 tables were corrupted on one of the joomla databases:

[ERROR] mysqld: Table './database name/xxxxx_sh404sef_pageids' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
[ERROR] mysqld: Table './database name/xxxxx_sh404sef_aliases' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
[ERROR] mysqld: Table './database name/xxxxx_sh404sef_urls' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
[ERROR] mysqld: Table './database name/xxxxx_securitycheck_logs' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

I was surprised there was nothing from the other site that was also running Joomla. I should also point out I have several wordpress sites on that server and they were all fine.

So I logged into phpmyadmin on cpanel, opened up that database and went to each of those tables individually. I selected each one, clicked operations on the nav bar and then selected repair table. I did that for each of the aforementioned tables. I then restarted mysql in whm admin and presto the errors were gone and both web sites were now working fine. So if you see this error on your website and you do not have root access to whm contact your hosting provider and tell them you have this error message and can they please do a mysql reboot to find out what tables in what database are corrupted and tell them how this problem was solved.

My 2 cents...

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Error 3.7.3 to 3.7.4 Crashes

Post by AMurray » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:03 pm

As you have identified I think this is a hosting problem, not a joomla issue (but I'm no expert), given both sites seem to be having the same trouble.

Can you restore the site with a backup (to a point before you upgraded). e.g. do you use Akeeba Backup, or does your host have some sort of backup mechanism (e.g. cPanel's backup functions).

Maybe the first thing to try, is if you happen to have an (error-free) MySqL export file, restore it to a new database, then connect the joomla sites to the new DB.

It would be advisable to restore the backup then ensure you have the very latest of the extensions you use and update them first.

If you can post the FPA, that would be useful - viewtopic.php?f=714&t=793531
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x”