Joomla 3.8.3 GoDaddy Windows Install Next Button

Need help installing Joomla! 3.x? For all Joomla! 3.x installation issues please use this forum.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
egnew
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla 3.8.3 GoDaddy Windows Install Next Button

Post by egnew » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:15 pm

I installed Joomla 3.8.3 in a GoDaddy Windows domain. The first installation screen (Configuration) appears but when I click next, the installer does not advance to the next screen (Database). I installed PHP 5.6.30 and put a phpinfo file in the Joomla folder. It shows PHP 5.6.30 with the loaded configuration file listed as C:\cgi\php56\php.ini. The mySQL version is 5.5 but I never got to the database screen.

What needs to be done to get the Next button to work correctly?
Last edited by toivo on Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: marked solved on request

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Joomla 3.8.3 GoDaddy Windows Install Next Button

Post by AMurray » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:32 pm

Do you need to create the database itself first? Have you given the database user all permissions on that database?

Does the "next" button simply not react to you clicking it or does it go into it's "please wait, site loading..."

Does the (first) configuration screen show any "red flags" for any of the required system elements to run joomla or are they all "green lights" (so to speak)?

Can you upgrade to PHP 7 on your hosting? (not required for Joomla 3.8.3, but will run on it). Not saying PHP version is the issue, but just curious.
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:35 pm

Please use the Forum Post Assistant and post the report to a reply here on this thread......
viewtopic.php?f=621&t=582860
Regards - A Murray

egnew
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by egnew » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:58 pm

AMurray wrote:Do you need to create the database itself first? Have you given the database user all permissions on that database?

Does the "next" button simply not react to you clicking it or does it go into it's "please wait, site loading..."

Does the (first) configuration screen show any "red flags" for any of the required system elements to run joomla or are they all "green lights" (so to speak)?

Can you upgrade to PHP 7 on your hosting? (not required for Joomla 3.8.3, but will run on it). Not saying PHP version is the issue, but just curious.
I created the database but it has not gotten that far.

The next button responds with joomla spinning a bit and after a few seconds it stops and nothing changes on the screen. I think there is a timing issue but I can't get it to use my ini file to change the timing. It could also be a rights problem but at one point i changed the permissions and that didn't seem to make a difference.

There are no "red flags", everything is good.

I can't upgrade to PHP 7 but I did upgrade to the latest available version.

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:03 pm

If it is an issue with max_execution_time or something like that, perhaps contact GoDaddy & check with them if / how you can change that setting. I assume you mean the php.ini or user.ini file. It sounds like you can't simply change such php config. settings through the hosting's control panel for your account (?).

In the mean time, can you please post the FPA report as per my second post above. There might be something revealed there that can assist us helping you.
Regards - A Murray

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:24 pm

gddy are a pain and most problems with their servers are rarely solved. But please (as requested) viewtopic.php?f=621&t=582860
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"When I'm right no one remembers but when I'm wrong no one forgets".

egnew
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by egnew » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:44 pm

Thanks for your comments but I decided it was not worth pursuing a solution using Windows hosting on GoDaddy. I changed from Windows to Linux hosting and everything works correctly.

Return to “Installation Joomla! 3.x”