Installation stuck on step 3 backup database

Need help installing Joomla! 3.x? For all Joomla! 3.x installation issues please use this forum.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
BennyPeoples
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Installation stuck on step 3 backup database

Post by BennyPeoples » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:38 am

Hello,

i'm trying to install a new joomla 3.8 version and when i click install notting happens, it stay on backing up database.

Anyone an idea what could cause this problem?

PHP version 5.4.45 Apache
Joomla 3.8

no errors on pre installation check

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Installation stuck on step 3 backup database

Post by AMurray » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:01 pm

Please use the FPA utility and post the report to a reply here. viewtopic.php?f=621&t=582860.

What version of 3.8.x?

I suspect it's a time-out issue and therefore a PHP setting needs to be changed, but we won't know that until you post the FPA report.

This is a commonly asked question, such as these, perhaps do some reading of the responses to find some answers.

Also check with your host and ask them to check / increase PHP settings such as memory, and time-out settings.
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

Return to “Installation Joomla! 3.x”