index.php redirects to installation/index.php

Need help installing Joomla! 3.x? For all Joomla! 3.x installation issues please use this forum.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
kcoquia
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

index.php redirects to installation/index.php

Post by kcoquia » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:49 am

I've done an install of a RocketTemplate package with Joomla 3.8.5 and the process is successful through to the removal of the installation folder. When I navigate to the frontend of the site though I get a redirect to /installation/index.php and a 404 error. I have a configuration.php in place and it looks correct. I can't see why the redirect is occurring. The administration side looks fine.

sozzled
I've been banned!

Re: index.php redirects to installation/index.php

Post by sozzled » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:05 am

There are several possibilities here:

1) When you say that you did "an install" of a RocketTemplate [?Rockettheme] "package" with J! 3.8.5, are we talking about a "quick installation" package, developed by RT, that includes J! 3.8.5 as a bonus? Because, if we are talking about that, you need to contact RT and tell them that they're installation package doesn't work.

2) Are you using caching? If you're using caching, clear the cache(s); see viewtopic.php?f=707&t=830006

3) There may be issues within your .htaccess file: see viewtopic.php?f=707&t=952680

kcoquia
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by kcoquia » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:51 am

I did use a quick installation package with Joomla and Gantry included. I've sent them a message, but am not sure that it is the installation package, as I tried another template and it does the same thing.

I've tried clearing the cache and still see the same behavior on both Chrome and Safari.

I did not alter the .htaccess file, and don't immediately see anything wrong, but will look into this one further.

Now however the 404 error seems to be intermittent with seeing the homepage, but the home is rendered as a list, without css stylization. Does this provide any further clue?

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:10 am

We—those of us who are experience users of Joomla—do not recommend "quickstart" packages for production websites. "Quickstart" packages are for demonstration purposes only; they are not suitable for production use. If you have a problem with Joomla using one of these "quickstart" packages, please contact the people where you obtained them from. That's all I have to write on this topic.

Return to “Installation Joomla! 3.x”