Accident with the installiation

Need help installing Joomla! 3.x? For all Joomla! 3.x installation issues please use this forum. Note: Users creating new sites can use either version 2.5 or 3.x. Please consider the availability of third-party templates and extensions when deciding which Joomla version to use.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
feco1995
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Accident with the installiation

Postby feco1995 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:57 am

Hello good evening

I am a little confused and i whould like to ask the experts for this..it sounds like a joke but when i finished the installiation of joomla and deleted the installiation folder i didn't choosed administrator view but the guest..Then i get redirected in a login page with username and pass with my site name at the top..Then because i confused again i just jumped back to phpmyadmin cuz i was trying to find how to go back to administrator GUI and in my upsetsion i deleted the DB that i created for joomla now i get this

Error: Failed to start application: No database selected

How i will recover the installiation db or what should i do for this

Best Regards

sozzled
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Accident with the installiation

Postby sozzled » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:24 am

Start again. If you deleted the database then you have no website. So ... start over.
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
Former member of Kunena project team
If you think I’m wrong then say “I think you're wrong.” If you say “You’re wrong!”, how do you know?

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Postby AMurray » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:02 am

To get to the administrator all you needed to do was browse to your site's URL and place /administrator at the end,
such as http://www.yoursite.com/administrator.

But I have to ask, you didn't pay attention to the clear warning that shows in PHPMyAdmin when you're about to drop a database ???:
Warning: This action will destroy the entire database!!
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

feco1995
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Postby feco1995 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:00 am

To be realistic i was drunk and not a little btw thank you very much both of you for the reply...

Return to “Installation Joomla! 3.x”