Default User Groups

Need help installing Joomla! 3.x? For all Joomla! 3.x installation issues please use this forum. Note: Users creating new sites can use either version 2.5 or 3.x. Please consider the availability of third-party templates and extensions when deciding which Joomla version to use.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
redders47
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Default User Groups

Postby redders47 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:08 am

I am using Joomla 3.8.

I migrated an old site to my new one and with it came the problems I had created with User Groups on my old site.

I have searched for how to return the User Groups to the default groups that should be there at a new installation, but the one possible good answer I found (https://www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/ ... er-groups/) did not help. I could not find the table in my data base referred to in the article.

Is there a way to return to the Default User groups without impacting on anyhting else???

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Richard

gws
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Default User Groups

Postby gws » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:47 am

You should have a table xxx_viewlevels where xxx is your database prefix,usually the last table but not always.

looks like this.
Screenshot-2018-3-9 localhost MySQL test gws_viewlevels phpMyAdmin 4 7 4.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

redders47
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Default User Groups

Postby redders47 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:12 am

Thank you. After posting I found the view levels table and the user groups table. The issue then becomes how do I add to these tables, and I think you need to understand mysql coding?? If so then I can go no further at this stage.

Thanks for the help.

Return to “Installation Joomla! 3.x”