Error: Failed to start application: Table 'username_databasename.#__session' doesn't exist

Need help installing Joomla! 3.x? For all Joomla! 3.x installation issues please use this forum. Note: Users creating new sites can use either version 2.5 or 3.x. Please consider the availability of third-party templates and extensions when deciding which Joomla version to use.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
ben_jadue
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Error: Failed to start application: Table 'username_databasename.#__session' doesn't exist

Postby ben_jadue » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:21 pm

Couple of days ago moved our site to HostGator, and it has been one disaster after another, the site that was working fine, but now doesn't even come up, HostGator's File Manager doesn't work properly, the AKEEBA backup could not restore the site due to faulty C-PANEL'S File Manager on HostGatore's server, as I found out the hard way. And their tech support admitted that fact. They told me they know nothing about Joomla and I should fix it myself. I was forced to use FTP to up load all of my Joomla 3.8.7 files and the database to their server. I just finished doing that and now I am getting the following:

"Error: Failed to start application: Table 'username_databasename.#__session' doesn't exist
Warning: session_write_close(): Failed to write session data (user). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in /home4/username/public_html/libraries/joomla/session/handler/native.php on line 194"

Please help.!
Thanks, Ben

ben_jadue
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Error: Failed to start application: Table 'username_databasename.#__session' doesn't exist

Postby ben_jadue » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:00 pm

Now the error is

Error: Failed to start application: Table 'username_database.#__session' doesn't exist

Return to “Installation Joomla! 3.x”