Fresh Install bluehost don't work

Need help installing Joomla! 3.x? For all Joomla! 3.x installation issues please use this forum.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
Phil973
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Fresh Install bluehost don't work

Post by Phil973 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:58 pm

Hi, I run a fresh install on bluehost earlier in the day, was looking good as front & backend display well.
Was busy with someone from support in order to remove the index.php from the url which was done successfully.
Then when I start to implement the content here we go....
Articles, categories, menu items are created normally on back end
Menu item with or without dropdown display normally on front end

But all created ones + some "coming with the install" return the following message
Not Found
The requested URL /articles-1/article-1-1 was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache Server at blueamberpassion.com Port 80

So I take a backup with akeeba and install it locally with akeeba and kickstart, and on my computer everything works great.

Contact bluehost and here we go.....that's a Joomla install we can't do nothing about it...Thanks Bluehost for the great support (According to time, support on bluehost is 0 or 100....) anyway

So I turn around (I'm really not a tech guy) and I found on Backend maintenance/global Check-in that a database item was in the list (the only one), I check it in and there's nothing else displayed at this point.

I try the front again, nothing changes, I create a new bunch of articles/category/menu....and nothing change...( i mean new created display but with the same error)

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Fresh Install bluehost don't work

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:46 am

Have you renamed htaccess.txt to .htaccess?

https://docs.joomla.org/Enabling_Search ... (SEF)_URLs

Phil973
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Phil973 » Wed May 02, 2018 2:37 pm

Hi Thanks for your message.

As it was a blank install I just reinstall it but this time I don't ask Bluehost guys anything.
Now it works great, just have to get rid of the index.html, but so far no way as I have a recurrent
message trying to rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess "FileOp Failure on:/............./public_html/htaccess.txt Destination already exists"
:-((((

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Wed May 02, 2018 3:58 pm

"Destination already exists"

There is already a .htaccess file present. Probably put there by your host, but not with the correct content.

Return to “Installation Joomla! 3.x”