Fatal Error upon Joomla SIte Transfer

Need help installing Joomla! 3.x? For all Joomla! 3.x installation issues please use this forum.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
ovcawebmaster
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Fatal Error upon Joomla SIte Transfer

Post by ovcawebmaster » Mon May 07, 2018 1:14 am

The Basics:

Joomla 3.8.7
PHP Version: 5.6.30

Problem:
Moving a Joomla site from one server to another. Used Akeeba to backup the site on old server. Used Kickstart to unpack everything on the other server. Everything went fine - until I tried to access the site and was hit with:

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/xxxxxxx/public_html/libraries/vendor/composer/../joomla/string/src/phputf8/utf8.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/yyyyyyyy/public_html/ovca.com/libraries/vendor/composer/autoload_real.php on line 66

where yyyyyyyy is my user id, and xxxxxxx is some user ID i don't recognize, but it certainly isn;t my own.

Any ideas where to start troubleshooting this? I checked my .htaccess and php.ini and configuration.php files - everything looks like it points to the place where I installed it.

The thing I'm curious about - why is it looking in the xxxxxx directory for a file when it should be looking in my own (yyyyyyy) no?

I searched for similar problems - didn't really find any answers - sorry if I'm posting a question that is probably Joomla Admin 101...

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Fatal Error upon Joomla SIte Transfer

Post by AMurray » Mon May 07, 2018 9:31 am

I don't know why this would have failed. Was the move to a server with the same host company or different host?

If your URL is http://www.ovca.com, then your front-end site loads OK, for me anyway, using Firefox.

Have you turned off error reporting, or perhaps resolved the issue (since the time of writing the question), as I see nothing obvious indicates that PHP error.
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

ovcawebmaster
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by ovcawebmaster » Mon May 07, 2018 11:16 am

Thanks for the reply, AMurray.

DOH! Forgot some very important info in my first post!

The offending URL is ovcahome.ca/ovca.com (long story...)

The URL you used is still pointing to the old destination.

I'm moving to a different server withing the same web hosting company.

ovcawebmaster
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by ovcawebmaster » Mon May 07, 2018 6:29 pm

As an update, I tried installing to a different directory, and all now works.

<shrug> Just one of those things, I guess :)

Return to “Installation Joomla! 3.x”