Moved site to new hosting, system information error

Need help installing Joomla! 3.x? For all Joomla! 3.x installation issues please use this forum.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
recice
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Moved site to new hosting, system information error

Post by recice » Thu May 24, 2018 9:50 am

I've just moved our site to a new host, and it appears to be working correctly, with the exception of one thing. In the backend, when I click on System/System Information, I get an error:

0 DirectoryIterator::__construct(/home/mysite/public_html/~mysite/images): failed to open dir: No such file or directory

The ~mysite shouldn't be in the URL. I can't find it in any configuration setting.

I'm not sure if it is relevant, but the domain name hasn't been moved over yet. The hosting company sent instructions to change the hosts file while I am testing.

Joomla version is 3.8.5

Any suggestions how I can fix this?

Cheers

John

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Moved site to new hosting, system information error

Post by AMurray » Thu May 24, 2018 9:42 pm

It may be to do with the domain name transfer.

Can you check via FTP that the "images" folder exists or not, since that error is telling you it doesn't.

How did you transfer the site - e.g. with Akeeba Backup, and Kickstart or by another manual method? What sort of hosting are you on - shared, VPS, dedicated. I don't believe the HOSTS file should be available for shared hosting, not something normal users would need access to.

Off-topic, I would update to v 3.8.8 if you are able to as that is the latest release.

Is the site otherwise working apart from this one error?
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

recice
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Moved site to new hosting, system information error - SOLVED

Post by recice » Fri May 25, 2018 8:11 am

The problem has been fixed.

The support people at SiteGround, who we are now using for hosting, found a record for com_media in the _extensions table that had the offending ~mysite in the params field. I edited the record manually (couldn't find anywhere in Joomla where it can be altered through the interface), and System Information is now working.

Seeing the fix, it didn't have anything to do with the domain name. The images folder did exist. We had SiteGround do the migration; we had tried it ourselves with Akeeba Kickstart, but ran into a couple small problems with the migrated site so we let them do it instead.

I will update to 3.8.8, its been put off pending the hosting move.

Cheers

John

Return to “Installation Joomla! 3.x”