INSTALLATION 3.8

Need help installing Joomla! 3.x? For all Joomla! 3.x installation issues please use this forum.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
ZvonoK
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

INSTALLATION 3.8

Post by ZvonoK » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:35 am

Hi... Trying my first installation .. using Softaculous via my host to my domain...

I see only bw screen when I log into my domain ... no template ...
JOOMLA.png
My site name top left and a log-in box bottom right - nothing else!

I can log into Admin page so that appears to be OK!

My instruction book that I am trying to follow to self-teach suggests I need to see a template at this stage??? Is it the book or my install in error??

Thanks... ZvonoK
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sozzled
I've been banned!

Re: INSTALLATION 3.8

Post by sozzled » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:43 am

The screenshot you've posted shows a picture of a J! 3.x website with the Protostar template. I think you need to look at your self-teaching instruction guide again. I don't see a problem here. If you want to check which template you are using, go to Extensions » Templates » Styles and you will see a yellow star on the line for the Protostar template. This is the default template used with J! 3.x when first install it.

You can install other templates and switch between them later.

ZvonoK
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: INSTALLATION 3.8

Post by ZvonoK » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:02 am

Thank-you!

My guide shows the other template ... was confusing me! (Obviously not too difficult!)

Have followed your instructions and I am now in-line with my self-help guide!

... ZvonoK ...

Return to “Installation Joomla! 3.x”